Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Depressed

I'm depressed can't get back in to the things I love doing. I'm thinking a lot about my children ☹️

Re: Depressed

HI @Leeanne

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low. I can understand why your kids would be playing on your mind a lot. I read your first post and really felt for you - I really believe we do the best with what we know at the time. 

If only we had a crystal ball and could see into the future and base our decisions around that life would be probably a lot easier sometimes. So many things are easier in hindsight. 

I really do hope you are okay.

Take care - please be kind to yourself,

FloatingFeather 

Re: Depressed

@FloatingFeather 

I don't have much of a choice when it comes to my children not talking . But I hope one day they will I live on my own thats very lonely for me ☹️☹️

My children

I can't stop thinking about the children that don't talk I do hope that some day they will. I'm so anxious about it 

Re: My children

Hugs @Leeanne ,

I'm not sure what has caused them not to speak to you, but it sounds painful.

While you are upset that they are not speaking, do you think they are even thinking about it?

As I said, I'm not sure what has happened, so please don't think I'm judging.

In general, it's just hard to see someone pine for something when the other party don't have a care in the world and are really just living the life. (I'm not saying this is your situation).

e-hugs. I'm here to talk if you need a chat.

tyme

@tyme 

i did what I though was right by putting my children in care when they were young. At the time I was on my own with 8 children. I love them all so much . I live with that regret for the rest of my life .😢😢 It's so hard 

I'm sorry to hear @Leeanne  - you did the best you could do at that time.

Perhaps when they have their own family and children (if they don't already), they may come to see that you did the best you could for them.

We cant change what has happened, but we CAN continue to hope.

You are not alone. We have all made mistakes we regret.

tyme

@tyme 

I'm crying. It really upsets me to even thinking about it

@tyme 

I have three grandchildren I haven't seen since they were babies😭😭

I miss my children wish they would talk to me. I wish I knew when they will contact or forgive me for putting them in care 😭😭😭😭

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance