Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Chook_
Contributor

BPD book club

Hi everyone, 

I recently finished reading Stop walking on eggshells by Paul T Mason and Randi Kreger and would loveeee to discuss the book with people that had read the book, used some of the strategies etc.

another awesome book I ready was I hate you don’t leave me by Jerold J. Kreisman 

looking forward to hearing from you all 🙂

14 REPLIES 14

Re: BPD book club

Hey @Chook_,

I've read them both. All I can say is that I could relate to the books very much. However, in terms of strategies, I was a little disappointed that the books focussed on all the 'terrible' things that accompanied BPD, rather than shed light on the qualities of people with BPD

I finished off reading thinking, "Yes, I know I have all these issues... now what?"

I'm interested to hear your thoughts @Chook_ 

@tyme I have not read “yes I know I have all these issues now what” was it any good? 

I hate you don’t leave me- I found this very interesting and educational as I initially started reading this when I was just beginning my journey learning about bpd. 
I agree that both books don’t talking about any of the positives, I do really like the UP SET conversation style, it has helped me in many situations both at home with my partner and at school dealing with heightened children.

Hey @Chook_ ,

That was not the name of the book. 

I meant, that after I finished reading the two books you mentioned, i was left thinking, "I have all these issues.. now what?"

Hope that makes it clearer. Sorry I wasn't clear the first time 🙂

Happy reading!

Hahaha no my bad , now that I reread that message it makes sense. It’s been a big day. @tyme 

Hi @Chook_  - I haven't read the book you're talking about because I absolutely hated the title and the blurb. I think it's really difficult to find books or media about BPD that is helpful, informative and doesn't paint us as villains. 

Have you heard of the holistic psychologist ? She is on instagram and also has books which I've enjoyed! Also looks into the vagus system has been really helpful for me understanding my bodies response to things! 

@Jasper_123 thanks for your reply. 

My partner said the same thing about both of the titles, I don’t recommend Walking on eggshells for someone with BPD to read, it could absolutely be triggering. I do think it was good (for me) as a carer in being able to understand BPD more and help me to put boundaries in place/ care for myself as much as I care for my partner. 

I hate you don’t leave me- also a shitty title but my partner did find parts of that book helpful, he didn’t like seeing the cover of the book initially but has since read most of it. 

And I do follow the holistic psychologist, she has some great posts and resources. 

I think walking on eggshells is a terrie book for carers and suffers of bpd.

I don't recommend that book for those trying g to support people with bpd 

I've read it @EternalFlower @Chook_ @Jasper_123 . I found it comforting and a bit of an 'ah-ha' moment for those who are carers of someone with BPD. However, from a BPD perspective, I didn't find it helpful.

I guess if depends on what you are looking to get from the book.

Hope you are all okay.

@tyne agreed and I think from what perspective you read it from/ how you interpret it.
A big part for me that I find comforting is knowing I’m not alone in this, there are others caring and living with someone going through similar hurdles- a bit like this forum as well. It’s hard for just anyone to understand so it’s felt like a support crew through stories for me even if I don’t directly know or talk to the person.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance