Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

Reflecting on the last discussion point, if you could make the holidays anything you want them to be - what would that look like?

@nashy 

My supports still in place over the holidays (which I find hard to not have this time of year)

Staying away from family that triggers me

Making sure the kids enjoy themselves

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

I think setting our own traditions and not feeling guilty about them. 

I fully intend to start Christmas day having some Quality Streets starting with the toffees (yellow wrapping).

After that ... who knows.

I would like it if in EVERY town, not just the cities, there were functions that people could go to so they have people around them. I am sure that a lot of big companies would be able to donate things, and people attending could share the load of being together and preparing the meal. And some businesses etc could donate some items to be given as presents, with them being put somewhere and people being able to choose something. That way everyone could have company with no expectations and all would be able to feel valued. To me, feeling that I am of some value and accepted are very important

Holidays are the only time I'm not bound to go to the office and work 8-10 hrs a day, 5 days a week ... they then become for me a rare opportunity of 3 or more days in a row do  to  something or be with someone or people whom I value ... the older I get (in my mid forties now) the more I realise how lucky I am to have many family members I cherish - however I also have been thinking is spending time with my family and my partners family all there is to do in my spare non working weeks each year ?? Is there something else I'd like to spend time doing ? 

Not buying presents for the sake of it ...

81bed415355fa0431a13cf7e1b0bfc57.jpg

Nice one @cutiepiekitty  sounds like you would be a good mental health advocate! Is this something you potentially propose/pitch to your local council? Love this idea. I know a lot of church's do this sort of thing but I think it would be really incredible if it were at a community level for people of all (or no) faith to attend. This sounds like a great ideal!

@nashy 

time to relax

christmas here will be a lot quieter this year

Toffees sound good @Former-Member This is your own tailored tradition? Smiley Very Happy Gosh that's a good one! 

For @nashy  (yep I am talking in third person ha!) it would be a BBQ on the balcony with my dog and a couple of close friends, maybe some swims at the beach! 🌊

Unfortunately the local councel are as stubborn and annpying as the cat between me an dmy computer at the moment!  They are only interested in themselves and ehat they can get from things.

yes @nashy , @Former-Member 

family says , no presents -- and i got one today

no pressure aaa

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance