Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hey @cutiepiekitty  agreed, many of us do not have our own families to share this period with. You are right that we need to redefine the holiday season, and perhaps there can be more events/peer groups run by the sector at this time. It could be interesting to consider what that would look like, I think it's a really good idea Heart Thank you for sharing. I hope the SANE Forums provides a safe space for you to continue to come and share your holiday season with whilst those usual supports are down.

Re: Topic Tuesday // Managing expectations during The Holidays // Tues 10th Dec, 7pm AEDT

@Razzle  Totally fine, thank you for letting us know. Please focus on yourself and your Mum Heart We are all thinking of you.

Agreed @Judi9877 I must admit I actually spent one Christmas home alone with the dog watching netflix - it was bliss! A small slither of guilt, but mostly it was quite a lovely day 🙂 You're right about the pressure, sometimes we put pressure on ourselves too. Thank you for sharing!

@Adge I will be alone too. No lunches or anything are held here

Absolutely, I think that's a really good point about comfort. The media kind of assumes we feel comfortable and at home with family at this time of year, and many of us do not. @Snowie  Thank you for sharing this Heart

@Adge  Thank you for sharing Heart Sounding like a common theme here. The community lunch sounds like a good notion! What a lovely idea.

Alright lovely people. I am really seeing a theme here around not having meaninful family to spend this day with. Let's keep this in mind as we progress through the chat, whilst it may initially feel isolating - so many of us are connected in this experience. Heart 

Question two.

Reflecting on the last discussion point, if you could make the holidays anything you want them to be - what would that look like?

Hi @nashy @and everyone 

holidays should be stress free and relaxing - but they never are!!

Hello @nashy  

Welcome @Shaz51  & @BlueBay  🙂 We are up to discussion point two!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance