Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it

Re: Morning has broken

Is there something else they can provide instead @Eve7 ? Anything you can think of that may work better for you?

Have you had a peer worker before?

It's only been a few months for you @Eve7  - that's not long at all - it can take a long time to get over the death of one of our children - years even - and for me the first year was the hardest - it's hard to tell you this

However people who don't know will expect you to "get over it" - that is so unhelpful - it takes its own time and is its own story. You can't hurry it and it won't go away. I didn't want to grieve but I had to - there is the challenge - and gradually I accepted it - and now respect my son's decision - it's over 38 years now and one helpful thing I can tell you is that it was the most important thing that happened to me in my long lifetime, and I learned a great deal. I wish the same for you.

Where indeed does a mother go with a broken heart? You need to have contact with other bereaved parents - there you will find people who are at their own stages of their grief work but do understand.

I joined The Compassionate Friends - that was in 1986 - they are still going strong - you can find them on-line - they have a website - they were very well organised when I was a member and a volunteer - I think on-line services are probably even better. They had a library and I read everything I could on the subject of child loss and grief - if nothing else - it passed the time - but I learned.

I don't know if you are in a city or a rural environment - TCF has chapters in the big cities I know - you can find out for yourself on-line if there is a chapter near you - if not - at least you can find these wonderful people on-line and I do pray you will find you way there - it was so great for me - it's been many years now since I was in contact with them. Of course, the time came when I did not need them

People may suggest you start a hobby or something like that - I would encourage you to find you own activities - whatever pleases you - I was studying part time at university and working part-time - I did go back to these - it was very hard though - because of the pain in my heart - we need something though and I know very little about your circumstances. Mostly that you have had a hard time

I care and I will try to keep in touch. I can assure you that this won't last forever and it's okay to enjoy yourself. It's okay to laugh, to take time to read what you enjoy - take a trip - stay home - have friends over or not - there are no rules - onlythNUISRC2N.jpg

the need to let time pass

And I do know how hard it is to get up in the morning - how hard it is to pick up the threads of your life - even go through the motions. I get it - I hear you.

I am sending all the love I can

Owlunar

Thanks for such a helpful response @Owlunar2 I know you understand the pain of losing a son. Right now I don’t want to live any longer but I suppose that too will pass.

I know that feeling @Eve7

It's natural and it will pass - I totally understand

Owlunar

No, @tyme I haven’t had a peer worker before.

Thank you @Emelia8 

❤️💙

hello and hugs @Eve7 😍

RU Ok my friend xx

@Shaz51 @Eve7 

💌💌

I’m ok thanks @Snowie @Shaz51