Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

@Emelia8 hello 🤗❤️

Yes I am about to head home, not a minute too soon. Overall a good day with only one customer service order so can't complain about that. I do have a lot to do, being back has reminded me that I have three weeks to set the year up so it runs smoothly. I've got this! Lol tongue in cheek.

Any news re washing machine mechanic?  Yes I understand your reluctance to go to a laundromat under the current COVID situation.  I expect your Mum wouldnt mind if you do an occasional load of washing at their place if your machine is out of action for much longer. All very well doing smalls by hand, but you will all start to run out of outer clothes soon too.  Its been days already, or nearly a week I think?

Yes it has been at least that. He came today and I'm yet to hear the outcome but a text suggests it's the motor. So it may be more viable to replace it. I'll find out more once I am home.

Your gift to me yesterday was much appreciated.  Guess what I discovered inside?  It was takeaway Thai dinner for last night.  Yummo!  Didnt feel like cooking last night, so it was the perfect gift.  Hubby loves anything spicy, and I also like Thai food.  Your thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated. 😊💕👍  In reality though, it was a very ordinary ham and salad quickly tossed together.

Oh, I was so excited for you, Thai what a treat. My favourite!!!! If only, you made me giggle 😀😁

I see that there is a big band of storms right down the East coast this arvo.  I hear rumbling in the distance as the storms are coming in from the West.  I think Sydney already have the rain and storms, perhaps quite heavy.  Hope you're okay.  Are you taking public transport to and from work?  Take care wont you?  Much love to you.

Yes it was black and very heavy rain. I thought I might have to camp overnight in the office. It has passed now so shouldn't be a treacherous run home. 🤞

I drive thank goodness, did the public transport pre kids when I was young and worked in the city. Never again. Such a huge chunk of a day. Life's too short to sit on a train into the city on a daily basis. For me anyway. 

I hope you have had a good day my friend. Thank you for your lovely message it actually made my day. You take care too hun 🤗🌹🙏❤️

Hi there @Anastasia 😄

Anything happening with regards to your washing machine, ie repair or replace? 

Glad you didnt have to drive home during the storms yesterday. Are you expecting storms again tonight? Storms went around us tonight. But last night we had very heavy rain, and got 37mms in very quick time. Had enough now thankyou!

Have been wondering how your boy is getting along after his carer was put in lockdown last week.

Reading elsewhere, it sounds as though your working day went reasonably well. And a work from home day tomorrow. 👍

Sending you some love and light.

Emelia 💞🌞

Hi Em,

Thank you for checking on me...the highway robber of technician wants a ludicrous price for the part (more than what is listed on the LG website plus $160 to install it. It has already cost $160 for the diagnosis...grrrrr. Bf will deal with him tomorrow for me. 

Yes enough rain last night. No storm tonight but my boyband I got caught in very heavy rain half way home. Likde two children giggling to find shelter 😄😂

My boy is ok.  He's been busy working on some additional skills. 

His carer is due tomorrow, we will continue if he hasn't been to a hotspot venue and both wear a mask. 

Sorry to hear of your nephew. Is it another accident Em? I hope he's ok. 

Works been OTT busy but I've enjoyed. Yes a day here tomorrow and a massage from naturopath in the morning which I am really looking forward to. 

Big hugs back to you  @Emelia8 🤗❤️💞

Spotted you online @Anastasia 😄

Are you okay, and have you been for your covid test yet?

Are you able to isolate yourself from the rest of your household while you await results?

Worried about you my beautiful special friend. 🌷🌻🌺

Em 💞

Hi Beautiful @Emelia8 

I hope you have had your scan and are heading home now? I hope you're ok 🤗💞

I'm ok, very slow moving. I will head off for scan shortly. I'm quite certain the way I am feeling is from doing too much but better to be safe than sorry. Love you 💖

@Anastasia ... no, my scan is not until 3.20pm this arvo.  I am okay. 😊💕

Yes, I hope that is the case, ie having done too much the past couple of days.  But definitely better to be safe than sorry.  And if you get your covid test back and its negative ... if your severe 'unwellness' continues ... please see your GP.  I cannot even say I hope someone is there looking after you, because you should be isolating.  😔🌸

Love you more.

Em 🌺

Oh my goodness that is the same time as Dad's!!!!! What are the chances?!?

The Universe is taking care of you both at the same time x💖💞x

Yes isolating as much as I can from boys. We have a granny flat so I'm there until results. Difficult with my boy lol. 

Heading off for test now, I'm putting you in my pocket cause I'm a bit nervous, hope that's ok?

My Mum texted me this morning and said she had me in hers for the day 🤗

xxx

@Emelia8 

Oh wow, really?  Exactly ... what are the chances of that?  @Anastasia 

Fantastic you have somewhere to isolate in comfort for the next 24 hours while awaiting results.  And for 14 days if the result is positive to COVID. 

I am just sneaking quietly into your pocket, so I can be with you.  Sorry you are nervous.  Perhaps you've had your test already?  Glad your Mum is keeping tabs on you also.  She has a stressful day with you and your Dad. I'm thinking both you and your Dad will be good results. ✔💞

My scan today is only a DEXA scan to check my bone health ... eg mineral density etc.  Because these chemo pills deplete the bones.  So its more a matter of getting a starting  point, so it can be monitored in future.  I think my starting point should be good ... I have always had plenty of calcium in my diet, and have good solid bones. But if there is any sign of osteoporosis, either now or in future (if I continue taking these shitty little pills), then they put me on additional medications to offset.

Feet up, plenty of fluids, lots of rest for you for the rest of the day young lady!  Weeeelllll ... 50 is young compared to 61.  Ha ha 🤣😂

Emelia 💞

Lol I love you!!!

Yes back, no wait very impressed with the set up. I should hear back today apparently 🤞

I was not aware of DEXA scan so I understand now. I am pleased they are being thorough. 

I'm going to spend the afternoon doing diamond painting and thinking of you ,Mum and Dad xox

Thats great that you didnt have to wait too long, and that it all went smoothly  @Anastasia   and fingers crossed you hear by the end of the day.  That's pretty efficient isnt it?  It definitely helps to get the virus under control, if they can get results that quickly.

I hope the Diamond Painting keeps you gently occupied this afternoon.  I finished the sealing of my DP yesterday. ✔

Just need to frame it now and I can then post a picture so you can see it in its finished form.

Just finished lunch here and I am going for a lie down for half an hour.  Then I need to get ready to go into town.  Need to grab a few groceries, plus the chemist for hubbys meds ... then my scan.  Hubby leaves in the morning with his friend to visit family up North.  I have to get everything ready for him and everything as simplified as possible so he has half a chance of doing what he needs to do.  Unfortunately I will need to leave before he does in the morning.  One of the reasons I was disappointed they put me in an earlier timeslot than I'd requested for my radiation.  But I will have as much done tonight as I possibly can.  Though I'm already getting stressed about it.  As much for having hubby ready, as for my radiation therapy I think.  At least I will have the place to myself once he goes ... some respite even though I am driving for the 3 days.  Once I get home afterwards, I will be able to rest up with my furbaby ... and just do what I want, when I want, if I want.  😊

Talk later.

Emelia 💞

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance