Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Are you there @greenpea ?

I wanted to make sure you're ok. My last message had a typo and I realised after I hit post.... arghhh I've fixed it up but if you saw the original before I realised the error in worried I've upset you @greenpea 

@Anastasia  Hey Anastasia you definately have not upset me. You are such a lovely person. I will talk with you tomorrow and let you know how it all goes, Love always pea xxx

That is a relief @greenpea 🙏

The last thing I would want to do is upset the beautiful pea. I see you're online too. Have you had any sleep? 

@Anastasia  2 hours! have you slept at all Anastasia?x

Oh hunny I'm sorry @greenpea 

About the same for me here. Two peas in a pod aren't we? 

I want to try to have a little doze. My alarm is set for 7, so hopefully catch another couple of hours 🤞

Love you little pea. 

You've got this.

Remember I'll be there with you holding your hand 🧚🧚‍♂️

@Anastasia  thank you hunny. Sleep well. Talk later love peaHeart

Thanks @cloudcore 

Smiley Happy

Hello @Sunrise9 @DTrain  and @Shaz51 

Smiley Happy

Sorry your experience was not great @Anastasia 

Heart

It was really good to see your interaction @outlander  and @greenpea .  

Heart

In answer to the questions

1) I am waiting with "caring" things in the lap of the gods atm.  I am realising that "waiting" is a very familiar feeling for me, having been in the state system for a long time. It does not mean I am totally passive, but Should I learn to escalate more, which is what my son seems to be doing? 

Questions ....

2) Made a call to cancel one appointment today in self care.... or am I not doing enough?  More Questions ...

3) Have another bath before I lose that option.

Hey @greenpea that sounds like an incredibly tough time for your son and for you.  I hope the help you are seeking is helpful!  It can take knocking on lots of doors sometimes to find the right people to help.  How old is S2?

Good morning

It's so wonderful to read the support @Appleblossom @cloudcore @greenpea @Anastasia @Shaz51  are providing to each other.  

I wanted to answer the original questions but now I can't remember, lol!

I'll try

1.  I'm at around a 5 - middling.  I'm just weary tired.

2.  My son who lives with OCD and Schizophrenia just started a job recently, lots of support provided from me to get him through the application process etc, but he did the work and the interview and I am super proud.  But he's only 4 weeks in and he's persisting with his intention to relocate to a city 4 hours away next year because his girlfriend is moving there to go to dance school.  I feel so frazzled, I want to pull my hair out!  Getting a job and any kind of income is tough at the best of times, but at least here he has the support of his community.  I don't think he's ready to leave yet, he's only 17 and got some maturing to do.  I'm worried about him.  I decided to take the day off work today - some self care/a wellbeing day.

3.  I have decided to return to Uni study next year, time to focus on my goals for a while hey?  I've spent the last 2.5 years putting all 3 of my boy's needs first through their various serious episodes of ill health. 

@Tinker67  Hey Tinker67 son2 has been mentally unwell since he was around 6 but became fully ill at 16. Thank you for your kind words. Love peaxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance