Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lyneil
New Contributor

Wounded

Hi my sister is 53 she lost a grand baby 6 months ago and her husband of 34 yrs 3 months ago and is deeply troubled  with  depression anxiety not coping she engaging in self harm [edited by moderator].  she lives in Adelaide I live in nsw I paid her airfare to nsw so she could come to stay with me. I now have her pills [removed by moderator]. She self-harmed [edited by moderator] to numb the pain she said but still self harming in other ways. I have rang 4 different places to get help but am getting nowhere cause she is safe with me now what the hell, how do I help her I don’t know what to do 

2 REPLIES 2
tyme
Community Lead

Re: Wounded

Hey @Lyneil ,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear how hard things are for you right now. It sounds like you and your sister are going through a lot and as much as you are trying to help her, things don't seem to be improving. Is that fair to say?

Grief affects people in different ways. It's important she has someone to talk to about it. Does she have any professional supports she can talk to?

Also, do you have any supports for yourself? I recognise it is not easy for you at the moment. Please take care.

We've also sent you a check-in email.

Re: Wounded

Hi @Lyneil ,

How are you going? How is your sister?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance