Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Such a high degree of self-awareness, to feel an emotion that is not super pleasant (i.e. feeling alone in a house full of people), but also acknowledging you're not alone in this loneliness 🙂 Life is pretty nuanced sometimes. I hope you know here you are amongst friends, and we're always here to listen and support you as a community Heart

Re: Topic Tuesday // Are you feeling alone? Carers Support and Discussion // Tues 25 Feb, 7pm AEDT

There is something about the level of focus and awareness in riding the bike @nashy  that so beneficial.

Hey @Shaz51 Absolutely, and I think sometimes the reality is time is hard to re-jig, I can feel this is a really common theme for carers. Huge props to you for managing it all and so lovely to hear you're able to work in a nice wee hair appointment 🙂 We're always here to listen on the issue of time, maybe as a community we could create a thread on this to see if we can strategise some work-arounds 😄 

Sounds incredible. Glad you brought this up - I am thinking of finding something similar myself! Was thinking either motorbike or surfing. Something to just totally engage the brain 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing @Determined 

Wonderful @Determined @Shaz51 @Former-Member and others - thank you so much for being here and for providing your input or reading along 🙂 It was a slightly quieter event tonight but I really enjoyed some of the insights shared and want to thank each of you for getting involved. This is a topic I think we can further expand on within our community, remember the supports available within our forum and of course services such as Carers Aus and Carer Gateway.

I will leave this thread open overnight for anyone who wants to debrief. Again, thank you for sharing, look forward to chatting at the next event and across the forums ðŸ˜Ž

@nashy  I had a councillor propose that riding the bike was helpful because my brain was busy scanning for real danger now turning off all of the other 'noise' for even a brief period. A big part of that 'defensive driving' is taking in all of ones surroundings. 

I have noticed things in the landscape  in my brief time on the bike that I have missed in decades driving the same roads in a car. 

Even the smells and breeze. There is so much. Well worth the effort. 

It only took me 20 years of dreaming about it to get my licence 😊

Thanks @nashy  + everyone. 

maybe as a community we could create a thread on this to see if we can strategise some work-arounds --- great idea @nashy 

will do the new  tread tomorrow Smiley Very Happy

mum is ringing me at the moment xxxx

thanks @nashy Heart

@Determined, @Former-Member , @Adge@Laeticia63 Heart

Thanks @nashy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance