Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

@Jynx , @RiverSeal , @PinkFlamingo 

Husband is upset and angry about the video session with the psychologist 

Which we had on Friday 

@

Did something come up during the session @Shaz51? RiverSeal 

Really sorry to hear that @Shaz51 💜

would you like to chat about it here? 🙂

Hello @RiverSeal , @PinkFlamingo 

With the latest news the MH team is sure that he has ASD on top of everything else 

But when the MH team and the psychologist said there is nothing to take for ASD and to get a proper diagnosis will cost money and time,  soo he upset about it all 

For me , I believe he has ASD from reading , I have shared little bits as he can not take too much in at a time 

I looked up his medication and they are to help ASD and other conditions 

Not sure weather to go down the path of getting a real diagnosis?

Will it make a difference?

Don't think he will talk to that psychologist anymore 

Just to stay with his MH team is going to be cut back as well In the future so he is feeling why go on 

Really sorry to hear that @Shaz51 😔💜

Sounds really like all doors a shutting, in terms of getting an official testing done and obtaining a diagnosis. 
I know other people who have this diagnosis, however I don’t know how they went about getting it. 
Would it be helpful if I was to ask them? 
I’m really sorry to hear Me Shaz is feeling let down and without options right now ❤️‍🩹

Thanks @PinkFlamingo , if you can ask them , it would be great 😊

Ok I’ll put the question out there to my contacts and see what comes back - I’ll pass on whatever I get @Shaz51  💜🙂🌺

Hi there @Shaz51 💖

Sorry to hear that Mr Shaz has taken this latest news badly. 

Can I just clarify that the ASD they think he likely has is Autism Spectrum Disorder? 

I guess its a lot for him to take on board. Giving him another silly name for another complicated diagnosis he really doesnt want to have. And this time,  one they cant even treat! Little wonder he wants to retreat from it all. 

But it leaves you in a difficult position,  and I feel for you. He loves you though Shaz,  and I feel sure will come round eventually. 

As for the benefits of getting an official diagnosis,  I'm not sure. As an adult,  any benefits are likely reduced to those that would be had for a child. Perhaps a greater self awareness and understanding? Would a definitive diagnosis be of any benefit in applying to the likes of NDIS?  Its a difficult one. 

Emelia 🌷

Hello @Emelia8 😊

Can I just clarify that the ASD they think he likely has is Autism Spectrum Disorder? --- yes my friend 

and it also explains a lots what has been happening all his life , giving so many diagnosis

after the last few days Mr shaz would like to get a diagnosis 

@PinkFlamingo , @RiverSeal , @Healandlove , @Jynx , @tyme 

So he's coming around more now, @Shaz51

I think knowing that ASD, ADHD, and other neurodivergent/developmental disabilities are at the root of all the other stuff (like anxiety, depression, etc.) was really helpful for me and also has been for a lot of my friends once they got diagnosed. Like, not that they caused the other diagnoses but that they intersect and influence each other. Learning that my anxiety isn't this high because I'm bad at life, it's this high because my brain is wired differently; suuuuper helpful in no longer being so hard on myself. Hopefully in time, Mr Shaz will be able to work through his stuff and make more sense of things, do you think so too? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance