Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

S1 lives in Sydney @Snowie 

Wants to move up here again one day 

Nice drive , have smoko down there , 

We are heading up your way in August @Shaz51 for a friends daughters 21st. Just up there for 4 nights but no kids!!

At least if S1 moved back he would be a lot closer for you to see.

Hi @Snowie, I’m just reading between lines, it sounds like today has been tough. Here to chat 💖🫂

I’m trying to work up the motivation to work on my uni assignment

Thanks @creative_writer I see pdoc next Wed. Need to talk to him about my sleeping meds. I don't know if it is my meds or my thoughts but I can't keep going like this.

Motivation is hard hon. How are you today?

@Snowie talking to your pdoc sounds like a good idea. The right meds can make a huge difference.

I'm really exhausted, had lots of morning anxiety, but it has settled a bit. Intrusive memories is just part of the cptsd package

Oh I understand that cptsd package @creative_writer 

Maybe you can just take the afternoon to look after yourself if you are exhausted. Take some time just to concentrate on you. Other things can wait.

Sometimes cptsd often lies and tells you there is no point in reaching out for support. Then, not reaching out for support may prolong the heightened emotional state.

I think I do need a bit of rest, I'll be having some lunch soon.

Do you have plans for this afternoon?

No real plans @creative_writer Will just watch the footy.

Perhaps after lunch you can give yourself time to rest. Maybe a nap or even do something nice for yourself. 

I find it hard with cptsd. Sometimes I don't know where to start. I feel like there is so much baggage there.

@Snowie I hope you enjoy watching the footy and it provides you with a good distraction. Are you watching it as a family?

CPTSD can be heavy and it can be difficult to know where to start. Trauma is difficult to talk about. I personally find SI and SH easier to talk about than trauma. SI and SH are also hard to talk about, but they’re just relatively easier. It’s so weird

@creative_writer watching it with hubby but he's asleep in his chair!!

I don't think it is weird hon. I find trauma a lot harder to speak about than sh or si, especially with my supports. I do however find sh and si easier to talk about to my pdoc than my psych.

It is weird how our brain thinks. Maybe that's why I feel like my brain is broken.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance