Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

I need to be careful

Where I live is a small regional town. There is about to be a huge spike in homelessness due to a very serious rental crisis. Two families that I know if are about to become homeless, it's going to climb rapidly. Most people saw this coming months ago. 

It's happening now. Me and my penchant to help is terrible. I feel even worse because I've been homeless and lived on the streets. I worked in this for five years trying to get people to see. Now it's happening all over again around me. I desperately need to take care of myself but I'm worried. 

My head is spinning tonight. I need so done to also me hard and give me some hard facts so that I stay in line and take care of me. I need to for my own health and well being. 

I can't believe this is really happening. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I need to be careful

Hi @Powderfinger hearing you about the housing crisis and your anxiety. Understandable especially because you have been homeless in the past. Really hoping your own housing situation is not in any doubt right now. I get what you are saying, it worries me too.

@Mazarita 

Thankfully my own place is not in doubt. I'm blessed like that. I'm just bone tired and weary now. Too tired to even type. 

@Powderfinger 

Heart

Keep good heart and self care.

Smiley Happy

There are a lot of difficult times for people and empathy can be good.  I too have been homeless and have great compassion for those in such circumstances.  I used to sing in a place in CBD where a lot of homeless congregated outside for donations or busking.  It was hard at first I wanted to give everything to the,. but as the years went on, I realised that we all do have to walk our unique paths, and that sometimes it is important to accept the things we have little control over.  Human need in the world is huge.  I am currently being pulled by the needs in Africa (by a few people) which are just enormous.  My little drop in the ocean can only do so much.  I also have a responsiblity to myself and my offspring to manage my personal resources; spiritual, emotional and material.  Then eventually there is the oxygen on a plane analogy ... where you c an do more if you make sure you get enough.

Go gently with yourself.  Steer your ship as well as you can in this crisis.  In time you might become clearer if there is anything you can do to help.  

Cheers mate

Smiley Happy

It's taken me a while to reply. I've been sleeping, taking time out and going head to head full on war publicly with the mayor of the corrupt town where I live. So I'm tired. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance