Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Hi @Former-Member

Sorry to hear you day has been a tough one. I trust you can get some rest toninght and tomorrow is a better day. Praying for you also.

Hello @Determined  nice to see you. 🙂   Today I am almost back to bouncing 🙂  

How be you?

Hi @Former-Member

Great to hear you are back on the up 🙂
Been a slow day for me, processing a somewhat reflective weekend while preparing for a university exam.
Will see how I am going this time tomorrow after my exam lol

OMG...    yikes... pressure....   @Determined   good "luck" with it, may everything you have studied for it be there right in front of you and you breeze through it. 

🎓

hi everyone @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Determined @Former-Member @Former-Member 

been difficult week for me here sometimes I wonder myself why I kept hanging on like this. we went to see his psychiatrist today I was in tears when I saw a mom with his adult son waiting in line to see his doctor..turned out they are waiting for a 930am appointment and only to find out that they're waiting for nothing coz I don't know who misplace their records and had other patients go ahead pass them. the guy just loss it and kept snapping at his mom..I can feel her pain as she is waiting too not for herself but for her son but then these unorganize medical staff didn't find ways to accommodate them ..I kept hearing "I'm over it I'm over it" and kept thinking as a carer you wish you can say that too but you love that person so much that it's not an option..I wanted to hug that lady but refrain myself from doing so as it's a very un appropriate for a stranger to hug a stranger ( I'm being silly I guess ) . our trip to the doctor seemed unusual for me..it's like something's wrong . my partner is still in denial of his psychosis he still believe there's a transmitter in his ears, etc. he didn't mention it to the doctor he mentioned he was into meds with 20mg where it's 10.. wouldn't let me show the doctor his previous doctors prescription stating its 10mg..it's like he wanted to the doctor to prescribe him 20mg..which the doctor did. I wonder why the record of his prescription didn't show. he mentioned he probably have adhd coz of what his mom say and the doctor prescribe him adhd meds but luckily gave him order to have his liver checked first.. I was awe coz he simply manipulate his doctor and me. when he left for a toilet. I sneaked to the doctor and told her about my observation like his psychosis , snapping and etc. but it like those are irellevant to her. so I'm kinda disappointed. 

Morning @Former-Member @Former-Member @Anony18 @Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member @Sane74 @Rose96 @Shaz51 @Former-Member

How are you all today.

@Former-Member, Thinking of you and hubby today, Trust and pray that all goes well for you both today.

@Former-Member, Trust you have a better day today. Praying for you at the moment. You always seem to come across so strong and collected (that is supposed to be a compliment so I hope it dosn't offend), sometimes it is easy to forget you also have a lot going on.

@Sane74 @Rose96 I havn't see you for a bit, really trust you are both doing ok.

@Shaz51 How is Mr Shaz today? I trust you are both doing ok. Is it still raining where you are? we need the rain badly but it can be a pain when your work is outdoors. (Been there in a previous life lol)

@Faith-and-Hope @Former-Member thinking of you also

Everyone else out there, have a great day 🙂

Hi @Determined

Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes for my husband - means a lot 😊💕

@Determined
Thinking of you today Bro, hope it goes well.
Darcy

@Former-Member
Thinking of you today,
Darcy

@Shaz51
Supporting you through the ups and downs.
Darcy
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance