Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

How are you @Emelia8 ?

Good morning @Anastasia 😄

More the point ... how are you? I realise yesterday was not a good day for you. 💖 Hoping today will be better. 

Em 🌷

No hun it wasn't but I'm safe and I'll survive.

Are you ok hun? I'm here for you @Emelia8 

Thats good @Anastasia 👍🌹 I would rather hear that you and yours were happy and thriving ... but safe is at least a start. And enables you to work on the rest.

Thank you 🙏 @Anastasia I know you are there for me ... you always have been. For me and for so many others. I too am safe. 😊

Are you doing anything special today? I read that your Dad is now on a break from cancer treatment. Even managing some gardening. So thats good. It was my Dads 88th birthday yesterday. I was sad not to be able to get there this year. I really fear it will be his last. Mentally hes good, but physically he is deteriorating rapidly. Another stroke, or a bad fall will be the end for him. His mobility is very poor, and precarious at best. 88 was a big milestone for him, and I think now, he will just give up. He is also very lonely after mum died last year. They were married for over 62 years, longer than Ive been alive. So its hard for him. He is on a wait list to get into his preferred nursing home, as he says he cant manage at home any more. Despite all the aged care services he gets at home. My brother has him stay with him out on the farm each weekend, while there is someone home. But they are almost an hour from nearest medical if something goes wrong, so not an ideal long term solution.

Hoping I may get down to visit early January before radiation starts, but the 7 hour drive is not appealing right now. Everything still hurts too much.

Damn .. got off track. Sorry @Anastasia  😔  This should be about you. 💞

I should go, Im not good company right now. Feeling flattened musunderstood and sorry for myself.

I have to get groceries today. Thats not easy. Hard to get dressed with little movement in one arm. No bra is comfortable, they all hurt. The car seat belt hurts. Arghhh. Sorry.

Emelia 🌷

Please don't be sorry I wanted to know about YOU dear @Emelia8 .

I hear you hun about your Dad. I'm sorry you can't make the drive for now, that would be very difficult in your head to let go of. Hopefully you'll get there soon to give him a hug and receive one back which I am certain you need. 

Take me with you shopping Em, we can stop for a coffee and giggle. I know we'd have fun doing the arduous task together!

Oh I wish I could ease your pain. Hoping that by knowing I'm here and I care it helps a teeny bit.

No plans today. It will depend on mood here and how much I can bear. 

Love and hugs my friend ❤️❣️💞🤗💐🌻🌷

Thank you @Anastasia 😄

Do you smell of coffee now, after your coffee scrub? Maybe you even have one of those beautiful light coffee-coloured skin tans from coffee stain? A lovely tan without the sun damage. 🌞💖

Hope your day is best possible. Very hot day expected here. But had nice rain yesterday via a big thunderstorm.

Em 🌷

Hi @Anastasia 

Sorry you had a challenging day y'day.  Are things looking up a bit today for you?

Always thinking of you.

Little Levi is currently bouncing around the bed playing with a particular toy & then sometime switching to trying to chew my toes - cute, but can be painful with his sharp teeth.

sending love and hugs. xx

💕❤️

Hello @Emelia8 and @WIP 

Yes I smelled delicious yesterday, the mixture was coffee, coconut oil and brown sugar - surprising that bf didn't eat me really 😁

Think he preferred it to the licorice smell from my massage😁

We're fighting from yesterday, my boy's behaviour ruffling all sorts of feathers. I'm not good at saying sorry mostly because I don't feel that I am the only one in the wrong.  I'm still in bed. It feels like it must be hot outside. I should get up. I do need a coffee.

Little Levi sounds so sweet with his toy L 🐕

You girls are the best thank you for your messages, I hope you both have the best day you can.

I'm getting up now so will pop back later 🙂🤗💞

Good Morning @Anastasia 

I hope today has gentleness and kindness in it for you as well as coffee!

Thinking of you lots and sending hugs through the screen.

💙🤗💙🤗💙🤗💙

I've had a great day totally transformed my garden but ouchie big time

@Eve7 @WIP @Emelia8 IMG20201206152009.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance