Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Suicidal partner

Hi @ADLEY

I'm so sorry to read the stressful situation you're in at the moment.

It's so important to open the lines of communication so you can feel comfortable knowing your partners is okay, or you know when to seek help when he's not. It sounds like he tells you sometimes when he's not okay - but it sounds like your concerned that he doesn't tell you all the time.

I just want to echo what @Janna suggested

1) Have a frank conversation about your concerns

2) Ask him directly about his suicidal ideation so you know where he's at

3) If his response concerns you or his behaviour worries you, call 000 if there's immediate danger or Suicide Call Back Service, who can give you some advice and direction

I'm assuming you're in NSW, given you mentioned the name of a hospital in the state. If so, I also suggest calling 24-hour State-Wide Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 who are also very helpful.

In terms of finding a Thai therapist - you can search via Australian Psychological Society where you can seach by location and also language. All you need to do is do an inital search (perhaps by location) and then on the left hand side you can pick a language.

I hope you find this helpful.

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance