Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

LoL @Rhye 

More all over exhausted than sore after the ride. Between covid, weather and new job hadn't ridden for more than 6 weeks so training prep was less than desirable.

Total ride was 80 km.

A typical Saturday ride for us is ~60-70 km with more elevation gain. In Sundays ride there were less hills but the gradient and elevation gain was a lot more intense. 

And the scenery was not nearly as nice as our area. Can ride a lot further and not think about it when there is scenery to soak in. The difference between city and hinterland. 

You sound like some kind of athlete to me @Determined! Takes a lot of physical and mental strength to ride the way you do ðŸ˜Š

Feeling 2 out of 10: very drained and exhausted

Challenge: Seeing my mom go through relapse and how scared and afraid she must be.

Good thing: Supporting my dad and telling him he's not alone, we're here and it'll be okay now that she's on her meds.

Self-care: gym + park walking. Watching Netflix to change the overwhelming ruminations

Had above mentioned oncology review for S3 this week. All went as well as it could.

Next mri and review pushed out to 6 months. Oncologist didn't know what the mri lady was talking about. So was stressing over nothing in the end. 

Did another big bike ride this morning, feels good to be on the road again. Still feeling flat after covid so it is good to get out and start building capacity again. 

Hi there everyone passing through the Friends, Family and Carers Forum today, 

How are you going today?

I also want to welcome some of our new members @Romeo @Crowtiger1 @Lola00 @AC2022 @Sharona1 @Former-Member 

This is a space to check in with others each day and share how you are going. 

To participate, here are 3 questions for your daily check in: 

1) How are you feeling? 

You can use a scale of 1-10 (1= really bad , 10= really good), if you would like to.

2) What is one thing you have struggled with, and one thing you have done well?

3) What is one nice thing you can do for yourself today?

Hope to hear from you

Hi @Daisydreamer   Mixed emotions today but about a 7 which is nice for a change. Just had a lovely week with my son after a 2 year absence due to Covid so feeling happy yet sad that he flew out again this morning. That is my struggle for the day but spent the day relaxing and thinking of the good times we had whilst he was here which lifted my spirits. 

Hi @Daisydreamer 

Feeling 5 out of 10 today - somewhere in the middle like most days. 

Didn't go well - I'm not dealing very well with stress from recent medical tests that my health isn't as good as I'd like it to be. I've also had a nagging cough and haven't slept well over the last week. Feeling a bit depressed actually.

Went well - Journaled all my thoughts, trying to look at what needs to be changed and take next steps towards changing it. I will also do a guided meditation later on to rein in thoughts. 

How am I feeling today =  4

One thing I have struggled with - my relationship

One thing I have done well - meet up with friends

One nice thing to do today - walk on the beach

Good after @Romeo , @Shasan , @Krishna , @Daisydreamer , @Determined , @Smc  , @TideisTurning 

How are you going today 

I am feeling like a 4 today , done some forms for centrelink,  defrosting mum's  fridge 

Just had some lunch 

Relaxing now on the bed 

Sad day today feeling flat 🥺

Pet budgie tha twe have had for over 17 years finally fell off his perch.

He was hatched around the time our S1 arrived and darling hand raised him from a week old chick.

We will all really miss his happy chattering. Boys are all pretty upset also as he has been with us for longer than they have. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance