Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Caring for Someone Living with Dementia

Hello and hugs @Mistifin 

We have some great threads called Carers Hints and tips to Success to click on to 

And also Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope ) 

If you have any questions please ask  

Thanks Shaz51

Hello @Mistifin 

Are you a POA for your mum 

There is lots of aged care support and respite available and packages to keep them in their own homes for longer xx

@BlueBay , @outlander , @billybutton , @Rhye 

My mum has mid dementia  and is in hospital at the moment after having hip replacement surgery on tthursday 

Hello and hugs @BlueBay , @outlander , @Mistifin , @TideisTurning , @TuxedoCat , @amber22 

The biggest part of the doctor's saying that your parents home is not suitable any more for your mum or dad to stay is sooo big 

And for them to say your mum or dad needs high care and needs to stay in aged care home and the guilt associated with this is huge 

Hi my sis @Shaz51 

I totally get you. Hubby and I had that guilty feeling for a while. 
but the one thing my then psych told me stayed with me “by not having mil in care we are denying her the care and support she can get”. 
and when she fell and ended up in Ed we both came to the conclusion they she couldn’t come home. 
i do understand your pain.  

sending you lots of loving hugs and care xxxxoooo

Very true my sister @BlueBay 

Mum is getting 24 hours care is more than I can give her with all my physical health problems and my husband mental health problems xxxx

Yeah that’s true - it would be too much for you and hubby. 
You’re doing the best you can and that’s all you can do. 
and don’t listen to family members if they say otherwise. 
hugs lovely @Shaz51 xxx

Hey there @Shaz51 

I can imagine the guilt associated with that, I am so sorry that you are going through that. 

You are being such a wonderful carer for your mum and I know that she appreciates it so much. How are you feeling about the situation? I am here sitting with you, 

Amber22

Thank you for sitting with me @amber22 xx

I feel sooo many emotions,  especially when I visit my mum and come back home 

You're welcome, always here for you ❤️

That sounds tough, it would be really overwhelming for you. Is there anything that helps you feel a bit better when these emotions take over? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance