Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Caring for Someone Living with Dementia

Yes , what I find is hard too my @billybutton is that as mum's carer I can not get her scripts from the doctor for her 

As I have to get mum who is frail  up to the doctors for any  appointments 

I hear you. It's really tough unless they offer telehealth. Hopefully they could if she's been an ongoing client.

Good night and thank you my fellow carer @billybutton ❤❤❤💤💤

caregiver-tips-for-dementia-7-638.jpg

R.png

Hey there @Shaz51,
Sundowning is such a curious element of dementia. It's concerning to see your loved one's mood shift rapidly within hours. These 8 strategies are very helpful, particularly number 5. After a long day it can be hard to dig deeper to assist someone experiencing distress in the evening. My heart goes out to those of you caring for someone with dementia Heart

Yes , sometimes there is a lot to remember @Rhye 

Learning more from 2 of my customers  whoes  loved ones have dementia  we work for and to realize that mum and I have only started or mid way in the journey 

Also sundowning usual happens around when you are busy with dinner etc for the family and how tired the carer is from the day they have had 

It's really one of those things that you learn about as you go along with your loved one. It's a shame dementia doesn't come with a roadmap! 

Also depends on your attitude too @Rhye 

This morning I am actually home and I know mum is enjoying it 

She has made up 2 poems this morning 🤣😂 we are both laughing,  I have cleaned the  house etc , now Mum is very tired again 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance