Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

@Sans911 how are you going?

I'm ok lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜

I've been to see the movie 'Emma' with my mother this afternoon. I didn't really enjoy it. Found it a bit boring and nearly fell asleep. Other people I know quite liked it.

It's a public holiday tommorow

I haven't heard of that movie. There hasnt been any previews or mention of it here yet @Sans911
Musnt have been too good if you were falling asleep though!

No public holiday here which is good in a way. I have to go get xray results tomorrow, an ultrasound done (and results on Wednesday) and then have the kids all night

What have you got on tomorrow? Is your mum staying with you again?

💌💜

My mum is house sitting @outlander. She's about 20mins away. I will see her later in the week. She's busy right now sorting out her will, advance directive, funeral and other related stuff. I'm happy to listen and guide her but it's getting to saturation point now it's all she talks about and I need some space.

I'm just catching up with a friend tommorow. I've not seen her in a long time.

Are you going ok? @Sans911 @Former-Member

So so @outlander. I had a melt down of sorts last night. The vet that has been helping me with Jasper this week came out of her way to see me last night. She also looked at Jasper. It's effectively palliative care at the moment & I guess when he goes downhill again she will put him to sleep. I've got him booked in with his regular vet on Sunday morning for a check up. He's more reactive at the moment which is good to see. He's on the floor close by right now.

Mum has come back today which I wasn't expecting. It's nice to have company but I could have done with a few extra days alone.

I saw my GP this morning. She's quite concerned about my mental health with this pandemic situation (cause I can't do some of my volunteer & training activities) as well as jasper's prognosis and wants me to consider going back on medication. I don't know how I feel about that.

Its not an easy time for you @Sans911 id expect you to be a mixed bag of feelings atm esp with Jasper. That vet sounds nice though and im glad shes been helping you out.

This pandemic is crazy! Everything here is cancelled-well all except school but dont think itll be to long before thats cancelled too. The kids sports have all come to abrupt halts too.

I understand not really wanting to be on meds, im not on them any more either.
Is there something that bothers you about going back on them though?
Is there anything you can do to occupy yourself at home while your not able to do volunterring etc?

I'm a very mixed bag of emotions @outlander 💜 💜 💜 And the pandemic is feeding into that too.

I don't think it'll be too long before the country is in lock down. I went for a coffee today at a Cafe because I might not be able to next week.

I just didn't like how numb the meds made me feel. I felt so stunted in my emotions. And I don't know if the same meds will produce the same effect or different. Or willmy pdoc suggestssomething different. I'd like to try to manage without if I can use my skills. I don't really have a case manager or pyschologist now, so I've lost those supports. I see my pdoc in 2 weeks, so I'll discuss it with her then.

I'm doing little jobs around the house for now. Like I sorted the pantry to see what I had. Thankfully found some coffee as the supermarket was out if my brand. Mocconna. Probably because it was on special. And I cleaned and rearranged the kitchen bench as well.

Im so sorry i dropped out last night @Sans911 💜💜
I had a headache decide to come on with a vengence and was vomiting so couldnt take pain relief either so really havent slept cause of it.
Its not a whole heap better this morning but no more vomiting at least. 🤞

The pandemic is starting to make me panic, not so much the virus (though i wisha cure is found asap!) But its more the way people are acting like all the panic buying. We are struggling to pay our rent abit now because all the shop shelves are basically empty so are having to constantly buy takeout or pay alot more for something e.g. Our lettuces were $7 yesterday in our store
And also pop isnt flexible at all in certain items esp milk and since he goes through almost a litre a day to himself trying to keep up with that is becoming stressful in itself.

Meds are a tricky thing, i guess you can only think about it. If its not something youd want to do then that's ok too.

Well done on getting some of the house stuff done. I need to scrub my bathroom but itll have to wait abit longer i think, definitely not doing it today.
I just finished 2 crochet orders yesterday and have plenty of yarn without having to leave my house so im set along with studies etc if it comes down to it.

No need to apologise lil Sis @outlander. I figured that's what happened. I certainly don't hold it against you!

Jasper vomited last night too. Just as I was going to bed.

Yes, hearing you about the food prices. Same is happening here. But $7 for a lettuce?! Shite, that's ridiculous. If your pop is drinking that much milk can you switch to long life?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance