Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friends, families and carers

Daisyboo
New Contributor

Partner with bipolar

My partner has bipolar.  I’m struggling to cope with the mood swings and outbursts.  He had 30 rounds of tms at the start of the year and that worked for awhile he was due to go back in June for a week of tms but hasn’t booked in.

is it normal for a partner to be blamed for everything and in my partners mind he does nothing wrong.  I’ve got to the stage I’m calling him out on his behaviour which he doesn’t like.  Any suggestions on how to handle this

1 REPLY 1

Re: Partner with bipolar

Hi @Daisyboo welcome to the forums, glad to have you with us 😊

Hmm... whether or not it is 'normal' for a person with bipolar is I think less important than how impactful this behaviour is on your mental wellbeing. Being blamed for everything is not okay! BP diagnosis or not, that sort of behaviour would put a strain on any relationship - and him having this diagnosis does not mean he should get a free pass for crappy behaviour.

Have you thought about maybe looking into some couples counselling? Relationships Australia might be good to look into! And there's also 1800RESPECT, which could be a good one to call for some ideas on how to approach a conversation with your partner about how you're feeling.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance