Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it

Re: Topic Tuesday // What it's really like to live with schizophrenia // Tues 22 May, 7pm AEDT

Hi @zandibrot,

Thanks for sharing this book idea! I am sorry you have encountered such challenges. We also did a Topic Tuesday event last week that you might find useful to read through later around hearing voices here

Re: Topic Tuesday // What it's really like to live with schizophrenia // Tues 22 May, 7pm AEDT

@Helen26 making you sh.

@mrsboots

a delusiuon is that real. you tend to believe it totally. it feels like your reality.

I agree @Sandy1 , self care for carers is very important Smiley Happy

I am glad to hear you have found hope, meaning and purpose. Diagnosis of any illness does not diminish our worth and we all we have to offer. 

So as @Sandy1 has mentioned as the next discussion point around loss of identity and hope - how have you experienced this with your loved one? And what have you found to be helpful in restoring their sense of purpose?

Thank you Sandy. x

@Helen26

thanks helen. It's been a bonus to find hope etc when all seemed lost. and doing things like this gives a purpose and a chance to connect with others.

@Sandy1 I havent reached that point yet. My son is still struggling as I am with the diagnosis.

I'm curious @Sandy1 - from your experience, did it take you a while to restore your identity?