Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

What’s happened

our peer supporters are great, but I’m a bit confused because we had a bunch of other people on the forums like moderators like @Daisydreamer @holdinghope5 @GrevilleaBlooms who have all just seemed to have gone away 

what’s going on there? 

a I feel like we should be informed as to why there seems to no proper leadership in the forums these days (peer support workers - you’re doing great I’m not saying you arent) 

even all the posts about like new info to the forums and structured chats are now by psw or a rogue post by the CEO which is really weird 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: What’s happened

tagging the peer support worker that’s I can think of cause you might have an answer @tyme @Paperdaisy @amber22 @TuxedoCat 

You have made a very valid point @ArraDreaming.

Are you able to have a look at:

https://www.sane.org/about-sane/policies/feedback-and-complaints-policy

If you could pass this feedback to: feedback@sane.org it would be greatly appreciated.

I can do that @tyme
I just realised by posting the people who need to see this wont see it
I’m just concerned is sane shutting down

Shutting down for Christmas? So 'shutting' for good? @ArraDreaming - That I know, we are NOT shutting. However, there is so many new and exciting things happening at SANE and hence movement with staff to various projects across SANE 🙂

But yes, please send your feedback. It will reach those who need to see it 🙂

like what stuff @tyme 

I was a part of a similar place to this then it changed and went to shit and I got bullied by the staff and got kicked off for not even doing anything wrong so I hope that doesn’t happen

Who’s staying and who’s going

I hear many of your questions and I acknowledge change and transitions can be unsettling for many @ArraDreaming . 

Since re-branding, there has been a lot of work done on our Guided Service. We are continually opening our services to new PHNs which means we have influxes of participants wanting to join. Hence you may have seen more new members on the forums lately.

We are also in the planning stages of our peer pathways program which aims to equip those with lived experience the skills to move into paid peer work.

On Monday, for International Volunteers' Day, we held a catchup afternoon tea for CGs, Peer Ambassadors and volunteers across our services.

We are also making changes to our groups including webinars, Topic Tuesdays, Peer Group chats etc. 

So yes, there is certainly a lot of change happening behind the scenes which also means movement of staff across services depending on their interests and skills. For example, even as peer workers, there is choice between providing phone peer support, forums or in groups (or across services!)

But @ArraDreaming - I do agree we need to work on better communicating this to our valuable members. I hear you 🙂

Hey @ArraDreaming 💛

Thank you for bringing this up, you make some really good points. There has been a bit of change happening here and it can make it all feel a bit uncertain for you all and I want to apologise for that.

Over the last few months there have been a few posts related that may explain some of what is going on:

https://saneforums.org/t5/Forums-news-and-feedback/Community-Manager-Update/m-p/1201360#M5726

https://saneforums.org/t5/Welcome-getting-started/A-goodbye-from-Daisydreamer-and-welcome-to-our-new...

With that being said, these types of posts can easily get lost so it is totally understandable people are feeling a little lost!

Our beloved Daisydreamer and Grevilleablooms have both moved on from the Community Manager role and I have recently stepped into the role more fully.

We will be sure to make these things more clear moving forward. Again, your feedback is super appreciated. 

If you are ever unsure, you (or anyone else reading this!) can feel free to send through a message to the Forums team, too (team@saneforums.org). 

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance