Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Overwhelmed -very recent Bipolar Spectrum Disorder diagnosis for 16 yr old daughter

This was the term that we were given by the psychiatrist, hopefully I haven't offended you. I appreciate your support 🙏

Re: Overwhelmed -very recent Bipolar Spectrum Disorder diagnosis for 16 yr old daughter

Thankyou for your support!! In regards to talking to my daughter about what she's experiencing/experienced, it depends on how she feels to talk. I don't push...she tends to tell either my husband or myself about things after the fact. I do ask often how she is feeling and depending on her response, takenif further or not.
But, not wanting to let it all overtake us, one day at a time and appreciate it.
Thankyou for sharing your experience with living with ADHD and your honesty. Your recommendations is appreciated xx

@TJ68 glad to see you reaching out. @TuxedoCat thanks for tagging me, sorry for delay in getting back.

Whilst neither my loved one nor I have BSD, I'm sensing that you want to do your best to support your daughter. You seem to have a very empathetic approach and allowing your daughter to have the autonomy, which is fantastic.

I genuinely hope you're keeping your tank full and hope this forum has been helpful and supportive for you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance