Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it

Re: Topic Tuesday // Mental health and menopause // 15 Aug, 7pm AEST

So does that mean at my age of 52 with two missed periods i am still in 'peri menopause' stage? and it could take 4 yrs!????? OMG

Ridiculous huh @BlueBay We get it a bit rough huh!?

@NikNik, I think I went through some years of perimenopause but my periods were pretty regular until they just stopped. This meant I was never recognised as being in perimenopause. I think it might have helped if I had known it. As with many things, I find that education can be very beneficial. For that reason, I am glad that the forum is having this topic tuesday and that it is discussed elsewhere on the forum too. For younger women, I think it's really difficult because it's so rarely spoken about in the really real, so many of us don't really know what we are coming up for.

at 53 and i am on estrogen replacement once a week  @BlueBay, @NikNik, @Mazarita

That's so true @Mazarita and everyone is so different.

I am so glad that we are having these discussions too:)

@Shaz51, I decided not to go with hormone replacement therapy. I take so many meds already, I didn't really want to add another medication to the regime. So far it's going okay, even though I have certainly noticed many of the changes and some of the problems associated with menopause.

So after menopause what problems do we get - why palpitations, arthritis (it is because of no oestrogen)

No not medication @Mazarita , the other , what is it called ??? @NikNik

do you mean patches @Shaz51

good question @BlueBay and i have the added one which is kidney disease which is not helping at all @NikNik