Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Life After Bushfires // Tues 19th January, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

@TideisTurning , @Daisydreamer @outlander @Former-Member , @Fizz , @Klutz 

Our community  feels isolated from   others even though in rural areas we have not been affected by the  virus really but a lot have felt cut off from the world 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Life After Bushfires // Tues 19th January, 7:00-8:30PM AEDT

Yeap @TideisTurning the feeling of fogotfulness due to COVID in fire affected communities is so real and so sad

@Klutz i take my hat off to you because there's no way I could of left. I guess both have advantages and disadvantages. Whilst I stayed and have some support from neighbours, the effects of waking up everyday looking at the burnt trees and debris still everywhere has been really hard. 
If I left I would of been in the same boat as you, wouldn't have to look at the visual everyday but would be disconnected from support 😞 sorry you're going through that 

Yeap @TideisTurning the feeling of fogotfulness due to COVID in fire affected communities is so real and so sad

@Shaz51 Yes- isolation can come in so many different forms and be felt in many different ways. Added on top of everything you're left to deal with after a fire or natural disaster, it seems even tougher, I'm sure.

@Daisydreamer @TideisTurning
@Fizz @Former-Member
im sorry but i have to go, thank you guys for running this and giving people a space to talk

To everyone: Please keep talking, i hear how hard it is for you all in many different ways. please keep reaching out

Hi @KingParrot so sorry we missed your last post, if you use the reply button here you can repost your last reply so we can all offer support 🙂 

Feel free to give us a shout out if you need a hand with replying 🙂

Thanks so much for jbeing here with us & for your contributions to the discussion @outlander. We really appreciate you being here! 😊

I didn’t really know what a trigger was.
These words don’t help,
You are so lucky
I know how you feel as I am getting divorced and have to move,
You can replace things,
Seeing photos,
Hearing people saw what a hard year they have had as they couldn’t go to dance classes,
Have radio announcers totally ignore bushfires in a recap of the year,
Going into bookshops as my burnt and many other triggers ,

Ohh hugs my sister xoxo @outlander 🥰❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance