Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Tomorrow is Wear it Purple Day!!

💜 Hello Forumites!! 💜

Tomorrow is Wear it Purple Day!! A day to celebrate and promote the value of diversity and inclusion for our LGBTQAI+ community, particularly young folks! From their website: Wear It Purple strives to foster supportive, safe, empowering and inclusive environments for rainbow young people. If you want to donate or get involved, go check it out!

This year’s theme is: ‘Still Me, Still Human’, something that I think speaks to us all. As many of you may know, I am queer my own self, and as an asexual nonbinary person I have upon many occasions been dehumanised and erased simply because of who I am. Thus, this is something that really hits close to home for me!! 

Now obviously it is a little tricky for any of us to show off a purple themed outfit in this context, but I encourage the sharing of purple emojis, purple artworks or crafts, and nature pics that feature purple!! And of course, if anyone wishes to share their own story along this year’s theme, I’d love to hear it - cos that’s what it’s all about! It is incredible how powerful it is to feel heard, seen, and accepted for who you are 😍 

👾💟🕺🦄🔮☂️🌈

If you'd like to pop into our LGBTQAI+ Social Space, you can find the thread here!

You can also catch up on the Topic Tuesday we had for pride month, with our very own @TuxedoCat as the special guest. They also took the time to put together some resources for our beautiful LGBTIAQ+ & questioning community

• P4T: Peer support for and by trans communities, available Wednesday and Thursday 11am-7pm for people in NSW.
  • QLife 1800 184 527: Provides LGBTQIA+ peer support and referral for people wanting to talk about a range of issues including sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships. Available 3pm-midnight.
  • YarnsHeal: First Nations Brotherboy and Sistergirl suicide prevention

If you have an LGBTIAQ+ person in your life or spot someone on the forums needing a little extra love, here some resources to support others

💜💙💚💛❤️💖

1 REPLY 1

Re: Tomorrow is Wear it Purple Day!!

Big love to all of our LGBTQIA+/Queer carers or those caring for LGBTQIA+/Queer folks. 

Here is a picture fo purple mushrooms from my favourite game, Stardew Valley! Happy wear it purple day!Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 3.50.52 pm.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance