Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Update for mum
She was to be transferred to a  hospital 30kms today
But just now she has been tested postive for covid19
Now she has to stay in her room for isolation for a week in big hospital 60kms 
Awwwwww 

oh dear @Shaz51 

The hospital system is not coping at all is it.

Covid is naturally spreading.

So very sorry to hear about your mum

Last thing that you all need after her being transported from one place to another.

I hope that they can make her comfortable.

My mum is in the one nursing home now..age 96 will not be moving elsewhere now.

Her dementia has led to increase in medication dosage.

Apparently she sleeps most of the time.

I have been banned from visiting her courtesy of controlling twin.

It has been 5 years since I have seen her and now have come to terms with the fact that I will never see her as I remember her.

As long as she is at peace that is my wish.

I write to her. She  of course cannot write back.

Your mum is made aware of your phoning and you  can speak to her so treasure those moments.

When not distressed they are often thinking back to when they were young so are in their own little world.

Loved the waterfall. If that is where you stayed that would have been magical.

Mr Shaz is working hard at trying to be there for you and support you in his own way which is unique to him. Bless him.

Take care you have much to deal with so enjoy what you can

sending you love

🧡

Thank you @Dimity , @Sophia1 

We were going to visit after work this afternoon 

And then the doctor rang me 

That's rotten luck @Shaz51 . I hope she's on the  new antivirals.  It seems like one thing after another.  Glad you've sorted the phone thing and might find it easier to stay in touch now. 

Hope she has enough to read/watch, her hip rehab might be paused while she's in isolation. 

Ohhh hugs my @Sophia1 ❤❤❤

Mum is finding it very difficult to talk for long on the phone or in person , she starts OK and then you can not understand what she is saying 

She has been sleeping a lot lately 

Ohh very true about Mr shaz @Sophia1 and I am trying soo hard not to stress him out 

@Dimity , @tyme 

Yes I had some crossword puzzles and books for her to read @Dimity but she says she is doing nothing but sleeping 

Not even trying to watch TV she says xx

Rest and recuperation sounds good @Shaz51 at least she's in a good place to be looked after

Hello @Shaz51 

Not sure if your mum is on any medication yet for her dementia, as if so that does bring with it drowsiness and sleep.

The dementia itself takes their minds back reliving parts of memories this is sleep inducing also.

Plus covid has symptoms of flu like lethargy.

My mum finds hearing hard and also confusion in her head stops her from wanting to use the phone.

Ageing also brings this on.

There are so many factors going on for anyone at various stages of this condition along with natural ageing.

As others have said be guided by the staff and they will welcome your checking with them.

Helps keep them in the loop so that they can keep a check on her health and state of mind also.

Adjusting times are always difficult.

You still have connection just different from the past.

There was a beautiful book that I read years ago called Sitting in the Silence.

Be kind to yourselves and if you can, redirect your mind to loving memories of time spent together and moments that you still might have to come.

love Sophia

Through family members and the waiting game to see what happens with my mum and our lives is sooo hard at times    @Sophia1 , @Dimity   @BlueBay   @tyme , @Rhye , @hanami , @moderator 

Hugs @Shaz51 it sounds tough. But looking after yourself and mr shaz day by day is the main thing.  Have you done anything nice this weekend? I just came back from a long walk to a little nature reserve. It's sunny here atm and the fresh air was lovely. I'm just starting to think about dinner - haloumi cheese and vegetables tonight.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance