Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it

Re: Not Coping

The osteo mentioned an x-ray, I had an ultrasound many years ago, but nothing came of that for the clicking. It's like I feel something moving before the click, and then it goes back into place. @Former-Member 

I hope your muffins go well. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hm, an X-ray doesn’t really illuminate soft tissue unless there’s some sort of cellular changes in it that include radio-opaque material (eg: calcification of soft tissue)…which can happen, but isn’t very often from what I know (but I may be wrong!) 

If US hasn’t illuminated the soft tissue, then a CT or MRI would show the possibility of a labrum issue (that’s part of the soft tissue that forms part of the ‘cup’ that the hip bone head sits inside, and is like a rim all the way around the edge of the bone cup, and extends then into the fibrous joint capsule). However, correct interpretation of these is usually done by an orthopaedic surgeon. Otherwise, there are other structures around that can make a clicking sound with inflamed bursas - but again, elimination of hip joint pathology is always a good idea before exploring secondary potential causes. 
I hope that’s helpful..? Might be well worth asking your GP for a decent image test and see what that shows, then good clinical decisions can be made given a bit more definitive info 🙂🌺

Yes, thank you for that info. I was a bit surprised when osteo mentioned an x-ray over CT or MRI. 

I might send her an email to double-check what she wants, and I will let my GP know on Friday when I see her. 

Osteo said I could email her if any issues come up so that's good. @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

No worries @Birdofparadise8 🌺🙂

yeah - maybe osteo was thinking to check bony surface approximation/positioning as a means of interpreting soft tissue issues? Anyway it does sounds like a great idea to ask them, then they can clarify, then you’ll have that info to take with you to the GP 🙂

all the best with it BoP 💜🤗

I just posted muffin pic on Cook Along if you’re interested in taking a look 😀

I saw them @Former-Member 

They look really yummy. What recipe did you use? 

Hey @ENKELI

I just wanted to check in and see how you are. We haven't spoken for a few days. I hope you are doing okay 🫂🌸🥰👸🏼

Former-Member
Not applicable

They aren’t too bad really @Birdofparadise8 🌺🙂 

I just used a standard choc muffin recipe off the internet, and beefed it up with extra choc and some choc bits, along with the blueberries 🙂

how’s your evening dearest? 

Alright, I'm just about to heat up some chicken legs and fried rice I had in the freezer. I just realised the time ahahah @Former-Member 

What about you?

Former-Member
Not applicable

That sounds nice @Birdofparadise8 ☺️

time goes by too quickly sometimes! Hope study went well today 🌺🙂

I had the last of the leftovers I had, and so I’ve got some mince from the freezer to make something tomorrow to keep food on the plate for next week 🙂 not sure what I’ll make yet - I have some lasagne sheets left over from when we made Cook Along lasagne so I might do that 😊

That's good @Former-Member 

Lasagna is always nice. 

I have just been watching season 7 of Young Sheldon, and Sheldon's dad has just died. It's so sad. I'm watching the funeral, and I keep thinking of Granny as well. Also, how he died, too. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh, sweets.. you ok @Birdofparadise8 ..? 💜💜🌺🫂