Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ali92
New Contributor

I think my partner has bipolar

I think my partner has bipolar. All of the signs and symptoms have been there for years and it has only clicked with me this week that this could be a possibility. How do i tell him my concerns and ask him to be assessed for bipolar?

1 REPLY 1

Re: I think my partner has bipolar

Hey there @Ali92 - 

Thank you for posting.

From my own experience, one thing that has really helped me is when people cause me to consider where I am at this moment, and whether I want to stay in that space.

For example, you may ask, "Do you think things are going well? Is there where you want things to be and stay?"

Usually, it will enable the person to reflect on their current situation. 

You can then say something along the lines of "I'm willing to support you in whatever you decide. Would you like me to come with you to se a GP?"

You know your partner the best and what works/doesn't work. 

The above is only from my experience as someone who was reluctant to get support, but was also someone absolutely dissatisfied with life.

All the best. Please let us know how things go. You are welcome to tag me into your posts so that I get a notification. You do this by typing "@" in front of my name e.g. @tyme 

See you around!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance