Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Mei
New Contributor

Hello

I've been having a lot of family issues lately. My siblings and my parents are all really tense and angry at each other and I'm just caught up in the middle and it feels as if I'm drowning in their problems. My siblings are "supposed" to move out but theres a lot of tension around the subject and now they're constantly fighting each other when theyre around, which is pretty rarely sometimes because sometimes they wont come home. It's driving me insane and I just can't cope with it because it feels as if they're lashing out at me for all the fights and stuff. One of my siblings keeps fighting me or just being really mean for no reason and

Im sorry, i know if i can put this into actual words but I feel so close to snapping. I cant stand all the fights and the pettiness and the comments and everything i really cant sit here and take it anymore. She keeps calling me names and just being mean and i dont mean to be soft or cry so much but its been going on for so long and everytime my parents just tell me to deal with it and they never fix the problem. Why am i always the one suffering at the actions of others. I keep trying so so hard to keep the peace or just defend them even when i know they dont deserve it but it just continues on and on and on. My head just always hurts I'm going insane from it. I feel like im disconnecting from everything and I cant lift myself out of this hole. I feel like a burden to my family and my friends because I'm so useless, I can't just deal with myself like a big girl, slap a big smile and go on my merry way. I feel like a lie. Somedays im just so distant i dont feel anything and then one little thing could trigger everything. I wish it would go away and solve itself but i know it wont. I cant wait until i can move out. I cant wait until i can finally get away from these people even though i know i dont have the strength to do that because i do love them. But i hate them so so much

Sorry theres not really a point to this, is there? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hello

I thought you made good sense @Mei 

Smiley Happy

We all are affected and effected by our close relationships and what goes in our families and under our roof.

Often in families, people adopt different roles and maybe your are holding the sense of goodness for your family.  It is hard when tensions are high and people act out negatively.  Sounds like your are all under pressure.

Take Care of you during this difficult time.

nashy
Senior Contributor

hey there @Mei I just wanted to check in and see how everything is going with your family Heart Many of us can defiitely relate to this narrative. Keep us updated, our community is here to listen 🙂 I also wanted to let you know we have terrific counsellors at the SANE Help Centre who are really good at dealing with challenging family members, there's more info here if this helps.

hey @Mei and welcome
please feel free to have a look around and join in wherever you like. a forum tip is to put an @ before a members name and itll tag them for you so they know your talking to them.

Have you considered getting yourself some professional support like speaking to your gp or a psychologist about how your feeling or what your going through? perhaps they could help you work through things with you and can be that extra support along with here as well.

Do you think having a sit down with your siblings and family would be helpful and discussing how the tension is affecting you or share how your feeling about all the arguments?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance