Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Felicity73
Contributor

DID - Diagnosis and Other Help

So, I have thought for a while that I had DID, but I am still currently working towards getting a proper diagnosis. I am currently trying to keep a symptom journal for it and leave more notes for my other personalities, but I'm not sure what else to do so if anyone else has any good tips for working towards a diagnosis I would be very thankful.

Also, does anyone have any good tips for getting a system to work better with itself? I've recently been having some troubles with large emotional flashbacks and having insane arguments with my other personalities and it has been causing me to have some pretty serious meltdowns. Thankfully this has been mostly happening when I was on my own, but they have often been getting progressively worse. I really don't know what to do about it, so if anyone has any ideas, then I would be, again, very thankful for any help I can get.

Thank you for listening to me.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: DID - Diagnosis and Other Help

hello and welcome @Felicity73 Heart

letting you know that you are not alone my friend xx

@JayL@Appleblossom

Thanks. It just really gets a lot sometimes, but it’s good to know that there are people out there.

@Felicity73 

just letting you know that my husband has had lots of diagnosis in his life time , sooo many and the laest one is bipolar 2 

Oh, wow. I feel sorry for you. I guess it must be pretty difficult for you to deal with that. I do apologise for annoying you with this, because you obviously deal with much bigger things more often. I’m sorry.

you are never annoying me my friend @Felicity73 , please don`t feel sorry at all 

but to reach out like you have is wonderful my friend xoxoxo

Hi Felicity73. 
I found it helpful to give a name to each different part of my personality. I was able to identify that part of me that was childlike, for instance, so I gave 'her' a little girl name. And so I went That helped me to discover several 'aspects', all of which are part of the one me, although I didn't want to accept that initially. 

I went to an outstanding psychiatrist who helped me a lot through doing psychodrama. That was amazing, exhausting yet incredible work, which eventually enabled me to heal. Sometimes I slip back, but know I have some skills to process through. Oh, yes, journaling helped me hugely too, and drawing. 

All the best with it! 

Thanks. I have named most of them, and the others I just don’t know very well yet. I still have yet to find myself a good psychiatrist, but I’m getting there. Also, it’s good to know that the journaling is good, and that drawing helps cause I do that a lot as well. And again, thank you for responding

@Felicity73  I have DID, CPTSD, plus other labels. I found reading about DID helpful. There are some good books out now. I would recommend working through them with a counsellor if you have one. Some can be triggering.

Its tricky and complex. For me, slowly uncovering my past has been helpful and challenging.

I can leave some book titles for you if it’s helpful.

Hi, 

Im so pleased you're journaling and creating with art. I found that really helpful to do. 

I think reading up about DID could also be good. I didn't read anything but it sounds an excellent idea. 

Good on you for reaching out about this and I wish you eventual healing and recovery . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance