Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

TAB
Senior Contributor

Re: Tabaluga's

long drops were not uncommon when I was young. if people got a septic toilet, they would still keep the outside one. just used to throw chemicals down it  for smell . lime prob works,we used to use caustic soda @SmilingGecko 

Yes @TAB I have actually sat on a "long drop" in the middle of a forest when bushwalking at Cape Schank. Not the best of experiences lol. So lime would work? I was told to use scented kitty litter. Don't know how caustic soda would react with plastic. You should see these bags TAB they came in the post and the package was as heavy as! Never bought contractors garbage bags before. Wondered where to get them locally. There must be more local super tuff contractor bags somewhere.  Anyway the Myki fiasco is sorted. I love using their app on my phone. Possibly not the best to have google access everything about me! lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

never used to used plastic bags @SmilingGecko  the one time saw that was in the 80s at a place near a lake where septic toilets were not allowed caravaners use hard plastic containers and tip them into dump points provided by councils now

@TAB Spoke to someone from a camping store about drop off places and she provided an online directory of where to offload contents of your portable loo. Some are free others are a fee others you have to be onsite in a caravan to access. There arent many in Melbourne. You have to drive long distances. I have them as a list of places and phone numbers I downloaded and printed 

@TAB hey tabby, done work. Need to see dr ha

TAB
Senior Contributor

@Meowmy  hope new dr is okay. been to shops . new soup is on. was a bit more careful this time, rinsed soup mix,and weighed half a bag, instead of whole bag unrinsed like last time, then gets all gluggy, well too quickly. hospital rang for follow up . I managed to get the phone number this time ha. learning new tricks for car doorlock, no alarm today lol. soup is cooking now. veg near gone from fridge.

@TAB hey tabby, waiting at dr . Raining hard outside. Soup sounds good. Take care.

TAB
Senior Contributor

council ones are free @SmilingGecko  else just buy an old  building site toilet from hire place , they will dig hole for you with a machine on tractor

TAB
Senior Contributor

speaking to nurse said felt better first couple days now not so sure, shes ;like 'oh, sometimes it doesnt stick' .. and guess you are seeing cardiologist soon anyways.. @Meowmy  bit stuffed after running around doing soup prep ha ha

@TAB just looked into septic tanks at the local council and spoke to someone and they said it was a local water board issue not something for our council to be taking care of - asked about dumping points at they told me to contact my local water board. Should be interesting to hear what they say

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance