Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Husband dealing with wife suffering PTSD !!! suggestions on how to cope please !!!!

Thanks Darcy for your comments i really appreciate you all for your help .....  not sure if Ive tagged anyone 😞 would like to join the social pages  please thank you .

Re: Husband dealing with wife suffering PTSD !!! suggestions on how to cope please !!!!

Have you any specific interests @Songs58 ?

@Songs58  wrote

HI Darcy

thank you for your concerns  I used to play Lawn bowls gave it away cause i thought i was playing too much and not looking after my wife enough .. i love fishing but dont want to leave my wife alone for too long we only have one vehicle and I also love to sing at home my wife used to like it when we first met but soon got bored with it ........ its a battle to get her interested in anything now for some reason today my wife has asked me to leave an dsaid if i didnt she would ... she has so much anger and i dont know why shes aiming it at me ....ive been there for her from day one .... shes has packed her bags and left about 2 hours ago iam not sure where she would go maybe her girlfriend they always talking and laughing  my wife is totally the opposite around me........regards Songs.

Hi @Songs58 

Have you heard from your wife?

Have you got some supports you can tap into?

@Songs58 Sounds like a super tough time for you - please make sure you have support and take care of yourself - maybe phone the Sane hotline during the day or lifeline if you need to bounce ideas off someone 

sending you all my thoughts 

Hi Sophie

thanks you for your thoughts yes its very difficult at the moment she really is trying to push me away telling me to leave 😞 she left and came back home late last night took some bags with her but hasnt spoken to me she sleeping in other bedroom .... but she has so much anger its scary .......

yesterday I rung her doctor just to thank her for her support over the last twelve months because i had been trying to get her a DSP and my wife was granted it 2 weeks ago so I was ringing to give the good news about that .... but I was unable to talk with her ..........what happened yesterday was that the reception lady from clinic rings my wife ...... and tells her that her husband has been trying to contact  her doctor to discuss  about  her ....... and of course my wife  is very anger about that because she thinks i was going behind her back trying to tell her doctor whats happening at home ..... but that wasnt the case ..... i was wanting to thank her for her help with her letters and support through all the reports you have to go through to get the DSP ......

My wife cant see any positives in anything of life or anything I try to help her with  or do .... everything is NEGATIVE talk from her and uses any situation to make it worse ...... i have never spoken to my wife disrespectfully  or misstreated her Ive told her i love her everyday and more sometimes through the day  throughout our time together ..... she has not responded to my effection for her saying shes beautiful or ever commented to me how I look never ever come to me for a cuddle or kiss its always been me that does that .

I thought she would be happier knowing she has the pension now and it will help a bit financially but no it hasnt made a bit of difference ..actually her attitude has worsened in last fortnight ...... truly a sad situation I never thought it would leed  to all this drama and saddness ......

Hi Darcy

thanks for your concern she left yeterday afternoon from house with some bags and took car we only have one car ... but she returned last night around 10pm and went into spare bedroom shut the door and hasnt spoken to me 😞 she still in room this morning but I wont disturb her i will see what happens today .

Unfortunately i cant talk to her she gets really anger and just shuts me down with verbal abuse  so I will wait and see today what happens  regards Songs.

Whilst the DSP can be a help financially @Songs58 it can also be quite demoralising to be deemed disabled.

Have you got some supports in place for yourself?  As @Sophie1 mentioned the Sane lines are perhaps a good starting point.

84001133_10156458304707581_8453303616365658112_n.png

One thing I did notice was that initially you said you enjoyed lawn bowls and fishing but you had given these up. It is so very important to look after ourselves when caring.

Hi have contacted  and been talking to Sane on the phone for support we only have one car so i dont like to leave my wife on her own for too long.....she let me go fishing a few times but i will continue to  keep getting support through all this till things hopefully change..... thank you

Hi @Songs58  just checking in to see how you are going - sounds like a very stressful time - good to hear she is safe though 

must be hard to be so patient through this emotional time 

please make sure you eat well, sleep and take time out for yourself - it's ok to look out for yourself 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance