Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

studio sounds soo cool @Bezak482 

'Happiness Looks Gorgeous on You' Beautiful Smile Quotes ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

@greenpea 

Are you able to say what you are studying?images - 2020-05-24T092204.930.jpeg

@Former-Member  Hey Darcy thank you for the bunny hug 😄 xxx. yes I am studying criminology :D. I want to be a parole officer :). Crime and the criminal element facinates me. Will be an interesting course as I couldnt be more different from those I will be studying.

Hi, I don't know where to start? I was on a forum here literally a year ago and I'm back after my wife has been in psychosis for days and yesterday was admitted to hospital and today they detained her. This time the paranoia turned on me and it was so distressing what she said about me. So many calls to police and ambulance and finally someone listened.

i haven't seen her for 24hrs and they have started medication but I'm so scared when the psychosis settles that she won't remember how much we love each other. I miss my best friend, I'm just so sad 😢

hello @Dove73 HeartHeart

sending you tender hugs 

good morning @Faith-and-Hope@greenpea , @Former-Member , @Adge , @Former-Member 

Hi and welcome back, if it was in this forum that you were a year ago @Dove73  ..... and I am glad you are here.  That is a terrible experience to go through with your wife, so while we can't be right there with you, we are right here with you.

While the circumstances are very different, and it wasn't psychosis, I somewhat recently lost my husband to a change in personality, value system, and life in general.  I worked with it for ten years, but he has walked away, very unwell but unable to see it in himself.  To that end I am so glad that you have support around you and your wife is receiving the help

and treatment she needs ...... the waiting to see must be incredibly hard, but it sounds like you have, and are doing, everything you can.

@Determined has a stronger parallel with your situation I think, and can tag you to another discussion thread where he talks about their recovery pathway, and the ups and downs of it.  I will also tag you to a couple of other threads on the forums that may help you.

Meanwhile, it is very important to invest in your self-care at times like these ..... carer's burnout is a real thing.   There is always a virtual coffee, tea, hot chocolate and much more here at Hot Chocolate Anyone ? along with a shoulder and virtual hug.  We will sit with you while you wait to hear about your wife.

Love the sound of the studio @Bezak482  .....

Hi @Stephanie86 ..... I am just making a morning coffee before taking on my assignments again today.  Are you a coffee or tea drinker ?  Making a warm mug of something is a good way for carers to begin the day doing something for themselves.

(The image might take a while to come up)

FCB93B90-F00A-4B2E-9B8A-A4B7DAAF0EB4.jpeg

Thank you so much Faith-and-Hope, I just had a call from a support worker at the hospital which was good.

My wife did ring my number this afternoon but didn't realise it was me. She just wanted to talk to her daughter.

she still sounded angry but also very groggy.

The part that is breaking my heart right now is the things she has said in psychosis and paranoia. I'm grappling with the fact that out of all the people in her life she has always said to me that I am the one person she can trust and loves me so much. Then over the past few days has said things I would never have imagined, it has been like she thinks I'm her ex partner who assaulted her, she even said I was colluding with her ex and bugging the house. I can deal with the mental health it's the pain of her saying those things to me. Thankfully I have a very good relationship with her adult children and our church who know that prior to this past weekend she was very much in love with me.

It's the waiting that sucks, I think she has finally been moved to a ward so I am hoping I will get to talk to doctors tomorrow.

😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance