Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Trying to stay Sane

I hope it goes smoothly for him and gives him a boost 👍 will you be able to go and see him?

@Anastasia wrote:

My dear Dad is having a bl👀d transfusion and iron infusion Monday. 

Praying it gives him some quality of life back 🙏

Oh I hope so, @Anastasia ...

Dropping by with some love @Anastasia 

💜💖🤗🙏🤗💖💜

OMG

I am appalled. 

Just had NDIS review with totally unprofessional obviously corporate and not disability sector, unprepared woman who called my son and his coordinator the wrong names and clearly had not read the plan review report!!!!!!!

When my son said he was in hospital due to si she wanted to keep asking provoking  questions!!!!

I am very uoset by this and once review comes through the organisation will be hearing from me. 

Sorry to hear that was a less than satisfactory interaction for you @Anastasia , It seems like this has come as a shock as your experiences with the NDIS have been more positive in the past? I hope this is a rare occurrence as you and your son deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. 

Hearing you @Anastasia 

Heart

Sorry you encountered that. 

Heart

It is part of what put my son right off the whole deal.  Funding is not everything but appropriateness, is more than just a word.  Training is a fiasco.  Too many people with dollar signs in their eyes and hearts.  Makes me more patient with people on here struggling with system.

Managerese and corporate speek do not make for a good disability, health or even education system.  My head boggles with what has been done to our public sectors.  That said I am not a fan of big govt per se, being effective would be a good start.

@Paperdaisy wrote:

Sorry to hear that was a less than satisfactory interaction for you @Anastasia , It seems like this has come as a shock as your experiences with the NDIS have been more positive in the past? I hope this is a rare occurrence as you and your son deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. 

Hello beautiful @Paperdaisy 

Thank you. Yes it is a shock.

I know I'm a bit stressed at the moment so lots of triggers but that was not at all helpful for myself or my son. 

I think the NDIA will be professional and the report is sufficient in that it covers and provides the evidence required but today's process was really horrific and if I can provide feedback so that no one else ever has to endure what we did then I've done what I can for the better of applicants.

The coordinator said she hasn't has someone so unprofessional before in all her years! She's assured me it is the NDIA's decision around funding but I'm scared that this woman has some power over the decision and if she does it won't be a good outcome. 

I understand they have KPI's but we are talking about a person and their life. When someone is in hospital and vulnerable then there are some questions that should not be asked no matter if you are disability trained or not! It's called compassion and empathy. Anyway I will stop now. Thank you for your support @Paperdaisy you are very kind 🙏

Yes to everything you said @Appleblossom. I'm sorry your son was put off. Mine would be if he had to deal regularly with "it all"

All I can do is provide the feedback to maybe make the org stop and think about the sort of people they are recruiting! 

Who knows...

Can't help but wonder if it falls on deaf ears.

Psychosocial disability seems to be amiss amongst the world of NDIS sadly, so far to come...

I'm sorry @Anastasia sending a hug your way 🤗 💙

Hello @pancakes 

I'm sorry I didn't tag you. Thank you for responding you are a sweetheart.

How are you doing, are you ok?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance