Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Rosie51
Casual Contributor

Overwhelmed

I'm struggling with panicked feelings of worthlessness and feeling overwhelmed by life. I've started countless projects over the past few months but feel frozen and unable touch or start anything Have no energy & just want to sleep. Nobody takes time for me or contacts me I'm always the giver I force myself to go out and speak to people but rush home to curl up in my lounge chair to hide from the world So tired of pushing myself & just want the expectations and demands to stop It all seems too much & too hard 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Overwhelmed

Hi @Rosie51 

So sorry to hear you're struggling this morning. It sounds like you're in a really rough space.

I am currently moderating the forum and have sent you an email. 

Regards, 

Mufasa 

I hear you @Rosie51 . 

I encourage you to continue reaching out. I'd be happy to hear how you're travelling.

Hugs,

BPDSurvivor

Owen45
Senior Contributor

I can identify, out of work until airport gets back in business, here at home, overwhelmed by depression and anxiety, but using my time to do mental health management and repairs to my apartment, very therapeutic. Also plenty of time for reading, piano practice, exercise. Putting the stress, anxiety and depression to good use. 

I really relate to what you are saying @Rosie51 

For a long time I have been frustrated at falling into the role of always initating conversations. It can feel like people aren't interested in me and don't care about me as much as I care about them. 

But then I think about how hard reaching out is and I think maybe my loved ones just struggle to make the first move and they really are thinking of me. It can be really hard though when our expectations don't match up with other's actions. 

And believe me, I love to curl up in my chair under a blanket and forget the world sometimes too. This is totally natural when things get a bit much. 🙂

Sitting with you in this 
- periwinklepixie 

Thankyou so much Appreciate your support 

@Rosie51 You are not alone. I have felt very much the same lately as my husband has been in Psychiatric care for the last 6 wks. I needed time to recover and everyone kept saying spend time on things you want to do but I just couldn't find a way to get started. I slept way too much and my diet was dreadful. I think I was feeling depressed. I found myself alone in a never ending lockdown......It is finally starting to pass with the beginning of spring. I'm in Victoria and it was an awful winter overwhelmingly cold and Wet. With the Sunshine my mood is lifting and I hope yours is as well. I am also the giver the one everyone keeps saying is strong and leans on but when I need a shoulder there's never anyone there for me. I am learning to ask for help. It's not easy but just being here talking is a good start. Then a cuppa and a few biscuits outside in the sun under a tree with nature might help you find your way. Turning off social media and listening to the noise of real life is also a fave at the momment. Finding the little things that become enjoyment has been the key for me. Still sleeping too much but hoping to pick up my guitar and start watercolour painting again one day soon. Hope you find yourself a little bit. 
all the Best. 

Hey @Rosie51 

Would i be able to get the recommendation of the lounge chair you speak of? It sounds really comfortable..

What are the projects you have started?  When you talk about reaching out, is it all project or work based?

Carla Chris Thankyou for your response I appreciate your suggestions

Hi @Rosie51
I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I'm curious about your projects what made you start them in the first place? What could you do for yourself right now that will allow you to feel less overwhelmed? I think that its ok to stop breathe, be in the moment and take time to focus on yourself and what you want to do moment to moment. I hope this helps you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance