Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My children

@Krishna 

It's great to know your daughter is talking again .I wish mine would talk ,it gets me down thinking about it and makes me cry 😭😭

I hear the pain @Leeanne ,

My heart goes out to you, yet I also know how long dear @Krishna has waited. The waiting, the fretting, the tears, the hurt....

The time will come @Leeanne - but you want to be well for when that time comes.

Please look after yourself. Work to keep yourself well for when they re-connect with you.

Hugs, tyme

Hi @Leeanne I’m so sorry you’re struggling to cope with the situation with your kids and I simply hope that one day they understand that you did what you thought was right at the time. It must have been a heartbreaking decision to make. My conversations with my daughter only last a few minutes and any suggestion by me to come and see her, creates a silence which breaks my heart. It’s been so long and I too don’t know if or when that day will come. Never give up hope Leeanne. 🙏❤️

@tyme

sometime I feel like giving up hope that my children will talk me I feel lost and alone and not alot of people understand me I want to cry sometimes I wish I knew how to cope . I contacted my son today by text but no reply it seems he only texts me  when he needs money. I just want to be happy ☹️😭😢

@Krishna 

I feel like giving up on believing in the hope that the children will speak at all . It's been 5 year since I saw my 21 year old daughter. I need to try and move on but find that hard . I don't know when I fit in with my children seriously

Hugs @Leeanne ,

'I just want to be happy' were my exact words in the past....until I learnt that life isn't about being 'happy'. Being happy all the time is not real life. It is natural to have ups and downs in life. Real life is about knowing how to manage these ups and downs. 

If we seek to be 'happy', then we fall into a depressive state because reality tells us this is unattainable. 

Do you think it is about re-evaluating your goal in life? 

I hear this stage in life hurts. It is painful. It is heartbreaking. I don't believe it is simply about 'moving on' and forgetting the hurt, but rather, to move forward and work towards getting out of being 'stuck'. You have already started by reaching out here on the forums.

What is ONE attainable goal you can set for yourself for tomorrow? Remember, it doesn't have to revolve around your children. When your children see you well, emotionally strong, and ready, they will come.

tyme

@tyme 

I will think about goal that I can set for tomorrow thank you 

Hugs.

It's hard to do alone @Leeanne  - that's why we've got each other.

tyme

I  sometimes see about on tv or Facebook that triggers me to miss my children.☹️😢

Feeling alone

I feel so sick and alone. I don't know what to do a good friend wants me to go out but I don't feel up to it now I feel bad 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance