Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Family separation

Hi everyone l am really struggling today again after the recent separation and ex wife turning the kids against me. I am just a blubbering mess again.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Family separation

Hi @Former-Member,

I just read your message and am sorry to read were really struggling yesterday. How are you feeling today?

What you are going through must be really difficult and I can totally understand why you feel the way you do. Do you have someone you can talk to and share your thoughts with. It sounds like you could really do with some support. Would you feel comfortable talking to your GP about this? Perhaps they could give you a referral for counselling - in some cases you can get free counselling (6 to 10 sessions).

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @FloatingFeather I have been.to a Psychologist today. There is two court hearings tomorrow as my wife and daughter have intervention orders on me and l have orders on them so it's very messy . They can say what ever they like and last time wife didn't even turn up so it was adjourned. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well the court hearings today went bad. My daughter got a no contact order for 12 months and my ex wife got the same 3 conditions as an undertaking . All based on lies . Now l am distraught and don't know what to do.

Hey @Former-Member ,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. 

I wish I could change things, but I can't.

What I can do, is sit with you so you do not have to feel alone in this.

Please take care. Have you had something to eat today?

I'm sorry it didn't go well @Former-Member I was thinking of you. It will be difficult to sit with that distress. Awful feeling. Would it be helpful to call a helpline to chat through it all? SANE or Relationships Australia? 

Please take care 💝

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @tyme  Thanks for your kind words . Yes l have eaten but l am very churned up. I just thought as a family we could sort this out but unfortunately the courts believe anything if it involves a child even if there was no compelling evidence and she wasn't asked to provide any evidence of domestic violence except one text message l sent about ending my life. I trusted her as daughter didn't expect private messages to be used against me in court especially when she encouraged me to talk to her daily. Unfortunately the lawyer didn't push hard enough and just went along with her lies. There are plenty of others around the family who would have raised concerns had anything had been going wrong.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Paperdaisy Thanks for your concern. Thing is l m not a bad person or a violent person. Yes l get upset when l get attacked but barely raise my voice and certainly don't threaten people.  It just hurts so much when your own child with whom l had a good relationship with suddenly turns and uses her child as a pawn to get me because of something her mother didn't like. They know how to play the system and it destroys families unnecessarily.  I will never be able to trust anyone again. It tears your heart out.

It is not uncommon @Former-Member You're not alone. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you can get some good professional supports and that it all works out in the end. It would be very upsetting. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Paperdaisy  l just can't understand how people you think you can  trust and love turn for no reason and make my life a misery. It's hard because l love my kids but it's hard to love a child whom causes so much heartache.  Silly thing is l don't think she means it j I st half cooked.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance