Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Caring4Corny

@Sylvester ... I hope I did not cause any problems for you over any of this ... and I sincerely apologise if I did.  I just was not coping well on that day, and perhaps reacted differently than I would have done, had I not been in a PTSD-related bad state on the anniversary of my trauma.  I was badly triggered at the time and suffering considerably from sleep deprivation and hyperarousal and hypervigilance. Not an excuse, but perhaps an explanation for my reaction.  I am sorry.

@nashy  ... thanks for your understanding.  And I take on board your comments about criticism of (other) services and also alluding to other members across threads.

Yes @nashy  living with PTSD is incredibly difficult, and from my perspective it is pretty much a permanent affliction.  Perhaps thats because I never sought support or treatment until some 18 years after the event.  By then, much of the damage is not able to be reversed.  The best way to avoid PTSD after experiencing a major trauma, is to seek support sooner rather than later.  My advice to anyone experiencing trauma, would be to seek support and talk things over with a professional therapist.  By doing so, trauma does not necessarily move into the long term PTSD stage.  I wish I was given this advice when I suffered my trauma.

The chances of preventing PTSD is far greater than the chances of curing it, once it develops.

I have to say that I was quite distressed when I was told by @Sylvester  that my post was considered disrespectful from the perspective of other readers.  All I was doing was telling things as it is for me, from my own personal lived experience.  As was @Corny .  Especially since this is Corny's thread, I do believe she has the right to talk about things as she sees and experiences them.  None of what was said was in any way disrespectful of others. It was simply a statement of fact for us.  As you said @nashy it affects all of us a little differently and also to varying degrees. What this discussion was all about ... was an honest discussion about how it affects Corny and myself.  This thread is meant to be about Corny being able to care for herself after a lifetime of difficulties.  If part of that care is to be able to talk openly about how she has been affected and continues to be affected by her experiences ... then I believe she has every right to do so here. Within the guidelines of course ... which in my opinion, she was.

Sherry 

Missing you too @Corny ..... I haven't been up to speed with this thread ...... had some treading water to do for a bit ..... hoping you're on the okayish side of things and hope to see a post from

you again soon.

💜🐱 (< calling this an otter)

Thanks @Former-Member and no there weren't any problems for me this end except my concern for you being okay.  Thankyou and I hope you are travelling better now.  As with your other forumite friends, you are a positive gift to the SANE Forums and I am happy to see you are back and I am enjoying reading your posts this morning!

Cheers

Sylvester SANE Moderator

1.png@Corny 

CE914104-DE0E-497B-9D71-1713C430684A.jpeg

💜 @Corny .....

💜🌽 @Corny  .....

174834FF-E0EF-4688-A1CD-986889F4DFF5.jpeg

@Corny 🌽💕

Thanks @outlander ..... 💜🌷💖💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance