Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Our stories

Re: Caring4Corny

Thank you for thinking of my @outlander @Faith-and-Hope .

I knew that I had my own thread somewhere @ShiningStar and didn't have to crash @Faith-and-Hope , but I think my instinct was to jump into the warmest snuggliest lap when my Mum died, I don't really ask, I just do. I used to do that my Nana and Pop.

Just feeling lots of strong emotions right now. I hate schizophrenia. I hate mental illness. I hate domestic violence. I hate childhood abuse. I just want them all annihilated off this earth. I have the paperwork here to donate my brain to Sydney Uni when I die, I will fill it out this week and someone can cut up my noodle. I don't want all of this suffering I have been through to be for nothing. Dr Kindness shocked me on Friday, even though I shouldn't be shocked, but I still am, we were talking about trauma of course, and he said someting like, "there is trauma and then there is terror and torture". He said "you are my 1st patient in this country I have ever met that has all the physiological marks of torture".........broke my heart for my little pre-schooler self, but when you think about it I am a victim of War, the Vietnam War........had a shocker with my flashbacks this week and have been house bound. 

I am just trying to take it day by day. 

Love and hugs to you all, Corny HeartHeartHeart

Inherited war trauma is part of our scenario with ex, I believe @Corny ..... not Vietnam, but horrific war experiences across 2-3 generations.  Ex didn't suffer torture and physical abuse, but it can come through in other ways, and I reckon it can reside in the genetics until it's worked out of the 'system' (the family) it's taken a hold of .....

Hugs n hugs n hugs n hugs Hon ..... πŸ’œβ˜•οΈπŸ 

@Corny πŸ’œπŸŒΊπŸŒ»

Yes @Faith-and-Hope I got that impression from your posts, I can't remember what it was that gave me that impression, but I sensed that there was some war trauma passed down. How could it not be. I hope that you are enjoying Uni holidays. I really hoped to re-enrol next year but my stress disorder probably will get in the way. I may be forced to move soon, sooner than I wanted, and I can only cope with one stressful thing at a time, my nervous system reacts as if I am juggling 5 things at once; I've broken my body.

Hugs @outlander Heart

❀️ @Corny 

I understand .....my youngest two babies y dragons are still struggling with psychosomatic responses.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance: