Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

Ohhh @Adge , @Maggie , : @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @greenpea 

I lovvvvveeee cheese but have to only have a little

cheese.jpg

@Meowmy, @Gazza75 , @Flying_Hams , @CheerBear 

Mmmm Cheese (yum), just a slice (or 2).

Good on sandwiches, helps to make the vegies more tasty.

Cheese is good protein for me, since I don't eat any meat (just some fish).

Yes cheese is high in fat, but our bodies do need some fat (in food).

Plus my diet is low in fat anyway - high in vegies & fibre.

I don't eat enough carbohydrates (pasta/bread/potatoes) - so I could increase that.

Adge

I need to cut down on carbohydrates @Adge 

I think my mum needs more carbohydrates @Adge , @Former-Member , as she seems that she can`t put weight on because of her bowel obstructions

That's exactly why I couldn't put on weight @Shaz51

It took me almost 4 years (after my 3rd bowel surgery) - to get back up to my healthy (minimum) weight range.

Adge

Hugs @Adge  

My mum weighs very little  @Darcy 

My mother lost a lot of weight too. @Shaz51 Its hard to see that.  Even at the zoo ... they are careful with diet ... for dental caries and diabetes.

I cut carbs when my son went on keto.  Now that I am on my own, I am learning to please myself.

My friend with bad diabetes still has desserts and icecream.  She hinted for me to bring in some good ice cream for my next visit, as they have terrible stuff in the home ...

@Adge Avocadoes and eggs would make lovely additions to your meals.

I tried to cut carbs @Appleblossom
Just put on
Heaps weight and got stinky breath lol

Trying to reduce intake over all,  primarily because what has been going on our plates has been well over the recommended portion sizes 😵.

Hello all @Former-Member @Shaz51 @TAB @Appleblossom @Adge 
Apologies if I've omitted to tag anyone who's been posting in this thread. I'm chiming in as I notice that a few of you have posted here about healthy eating. It's a huge topic for many on the forums (and elsewhere) and a really important aspect of caring for ourselves. I thought it might be a good time to remind you that a recent update to our Community guidelines discourages members from recommending diets or describing  weight loss or weight gain strategies. This revision was made to lessen the risk of triggering those who may live with an eating disorder and be triggered by such details – so please try to keep that in mind when discussing food.
Take care. 🙂

80004068_2631580576877501_3892191164266184704_n.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance