Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

@Determined Heart

Our Younger Daughter is flatly refusing any "Young Carer" support or activities we've mentioned to her. She's also heading towards final years of schooling. Am wondering if the reasons are similar to your son- trying to find out where they fit in the big wide world, not altogether confident that they do fit, and therefore avoiding things which single them out as "different" from the other kids. Smiley Frustrated

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

you may be on to something there @Smc  😥

Had a nice family day out today.

Went much better than anticipated. Other than a small outburst from darling in transit when I was getting anxious in traffic (I'm not allowed to be anything but smiling and happy) the day went really well. Rarely do we have a family outing go so smoothly so most grateful. 

Quick check in @Determined 

@Former-Member  :nauseated_face:

Things are a bit shaky  here at the moment.

Not unusual leading up to back to school but still 😬

Addition to that, S3 has more assessments over the next 2 weeks with recommendations for school next year. Even though we have tests by Q health Q Ed needs to do their own apparently.  

Also I have been given extra work shifts which should be a good thing but will have to try and find someone else to cover them because this is causing much distress. Times like this make me feel better about cenrrelink payments. Reality is that I could not work full time as darling would self destruct. She manages and appears to be functional as long as I am here to prop her up. Something as simple as being available to assist with shopping at the desired time is bigger deal than one would like 😔

How are things with you and Mr D.

Think if you both often with your current journey. 

sending hugs @Determined HeartHeart

@Former-Member, @Smc@Faith-and-Hope 

It is when times are stressful our partners do not do so well that we realise how much our help is needed @Determined.

Thought you might like this @Determined 

120456311_3536321033056040_5035558554041833860_n.jpg

Things seem a little more stable here at the moment. Although hanging in that way by a thin thread. 

Recieved news this week that S3 does not meet the requirements for special school.  Have a meeting with a different school to see how they can support him.

I am choosing to see this as a positive thing. Darling however is quite anxious about his ability to cope in main stream system and not at all happy with the news. Bracing myself for some emotional discussions.

I don't believe bubble wrapping is the right approach as in my opinion that has the potential to limit opportunities. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance