Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Stressed about meal times

Hey @outlander  lovely one ...I suggested those people as they may be able to help you a) design meals for him in the situation or b) help you source more of the things he will eat.  And with the woollies thing - does he have a seniors card?  As his carer if he has one of these you should qualify.  Just suggesting anything I can think of here love coz I really want to help you.  Does he eat a certain kind of breakfast?  Bananas?  

Probably @greenpea its making me very stressed out tryinf to feed someone who is worse then a fussy toddler

@outlander  you are a good and caring grand-daughter :). Just remember that xx

Hes got a pension card? @eth does that class as a seniors card?

The only breakfast he eats is either porridge ( cant be quick oats or microwaveable has to be regualar and only uncle tobys brand) and vitabrits (not Weet-Bix)
He sometimes has a banana sandwhich providing the bread is fresh and is the right sort.

Just failed at something else. He puts hia damn phone on loud speaker ans i sent him down to get his pills so i could have a shower but the cards declined for some reason. Probably because they overcharge constantly even though the pills hes gone to get have already been paid for so now the whole shop knows his pin card number and the card declined and everything that i said along with him having to be embarrassed.

@outlander   Oh dear what a situation.  I really feel for you love.

Re oats - maybe get what you can and put them in the Uncle Toby's box.  Have you ever made bread?  I'm just flying by the seat of my pants here, tell me if I'm barking.  I've always said I could survive on bread and bananas if I had to.  

Soz @outlander  I missed your first question - I think a pension card should do it but if he's over 60 he should be eligible for a 'seniors card' too - from Services Australia I think they're now called - was Human Services until recently.  But anyway have a look at the form and see what they ask for as proof.  I haven't used it myself as we're still managing without it here.  Just suggesting anything I can think of.

Yeah and now my frustrations of them over setting him off but i wont talk about it here as its not relevant.
I haven't made bread before @eth
I wouldn't know how to make it? Im not sure the shops would have the stuff in stock atm?
He keeps telling me hes going to live off tea and milk latley :face_with_rolling_eyes:🤦‍♀️

Ok thanks @eth ill take a look at the seniors card option too and see what i can do. They might let me do the online stuff with just a pension card..?

It sounds like you need some outside support @outlander.  He needs to be told by someone other than you, I think, that he is being too fussy for life to be manageable, but with his dementia it's sounding like it's going in one ear and out the other.

Taking him to the shops to see the empty shelves is a good idea, but again, his dementia might make that not stick for very long.

Perhaps chat with Carers Australia ?  There may be an emergency service available around the coronavirus situation where they can bring you a delivery of what your pop will eat, just to get him, and others of his age and circumstances, through .....

Hugs Hon.  So not easy ❣️

Oh no @outlander  that is really tough. I don't know the answer to that right now, but I'm assuming you have gone in the first hour of the opening hours of the supermarket? 
hope you have some better luck tomorrow x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance