Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Setting appropriate goals.

DEar @Former-Member

Yeah, I like athe smart goals too. I've been struggling with " Who I want to be.........."

@t the beginning of this thread.....@Durango's message got me thinking......

@Durango writes: 

I've cut and pasted his message: 

.........................................................................................

Goals really are just a list of things to do

have a goal, make a plan, take small steps, 

"What kind of person do I want to be?" 

I feel like I am being true to my self".

In this case it would be difficult to follow a plan that makes the person feel like they need to

let go of security, spend time away from people they love, give away some freedom for

financial gain etc.

make sure the goals align with who you are.

............................................................................................................

No, I don't want to be rich but yes, I'm loking forward to getting my carer's payment

tomorrow because Im paying off my patchwork quilting stuff to be taught to patchwork quilt next week

I ask you: How can WE determine who we are? I know that AGE has helped me with this one. 

hello my special friend @PeppiPatty

Have been thinking of you today , hope you are ok xx

setting goals are tricky for me

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @PeppyPatty,

I am not sure about the who I am question. A couple of things that helped me feel better about myself was writing a list of my good things and thinking about what I enjoyed before I met my partner.

I hope you enjoy your quilting
It is something I would like to try one day.
You could let me know how you are going.

Cheers

Thank you @Carer101, I needed that

A couple of things that helped me feel better about myself was writing a list of my good things and thinking about what I enjoyed before I met my partner.

That is good advice @Former-Member,

How about you @PeppiPatty

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello,

I thought I would resurrect this post because despite various frustrations along the way I have indeed come close to completing the goal that I set when I did CBT a few years ago and am going onto the next step towards a new career for myself.

I want to thank everybody that helped me along by responding to this post.

@Durango and @Claired your advice about working towards acceptance were very appropriate. I think that accepting ourselves and our loved ones for who we are is part of it all and necessary for going on and doing our own things without worrying about the next breakdown happening.

@Shaz51 I hve a special thank you for you for continuing to think of me and all the great support you give here on a continuing basis it is a great gift.

cheers,

Carer101.

hello @Former-Member , have been thinking of you lots , hope you are ok 

@Appleblossom 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for thinking about me @Shaz51. I am coping so far. Business as usual really. Another year, another crisis 🤷🏻‍♀️. Good timing for considering goal setting to have something to look forward to. Hope you are doing okay.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry @Appleblossom was confused reading the post. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you doing okay😀
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance