Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@Songs58 

Are you a gardener?

Hi Peoples!
Got outside and did some tidy up pruning and weeding today. The bit I was working in now looks tidy, but bare... must do something about that. 🙂
Added some food scraps to the worm farm, and checked up on it at the same time. Lots of healthy looking squirmies and the older stuff broken down into castings. My "proper" worm farm had filled up, so this one is really a compost bin with worms added, but hey, it's working. Because there's no bottom on it, if they run out of food or if it gets too hot, they'll just migrate into the beds next to it. Which is fine by me.
Picked some slightly green peaches this morning that had split a little from the rain, and cooked them into a peach slice. Yummy....

worms.jpg

HI Darcy

thank you for your concerns  I used to play Lawn bowls gave it away cause i thought i was playing too much and not looking after my wife enough .. i love fishing but dont want to leave my wife alone for too long we only have one vehicle and I also love to sing at home my wife used to like it when we first met but soon got bored with it ........ its a battle to get her interested in anything now for some reason today my wife has asked me to leave an dsaid if i didnt she would ... she has so much anger and i dont know why shes aiming it at me ....ive been there for her from day one .... shes has packed her bags and left about 2 hours ago iam not sure where she would go maybe her girlfriend they always talking and laughing  my wife is totally the opposite around me........regards Songs.

@Songs58 

I will post a response over in your own story discussion thread - this is the social Gardening thread.

Iam sorry I have no idea how to work this site so sorry 😞

@Songs58, basically the differnet "threads" are different ongoing conversations. We try to keep the "conversations" more or less on topic by having some as social chats of various sorts, and others as places where we can talk through specific issues, or keep everyone up to date with how we're traveling. It's something everyone has to get the hang of at first. 🙂

Confusion happened as I tagged Songs in some social threads without adequate clarification @Smc . 

Isn't it nice when even small jobs get done? Got the 5 pelargoniums planted this morning. We did move a few spare blocks that were on the property when we bought it to make "stepping stones".

When trimming it back, I  found a geranium had layered so moved the small plant to a more desirable spot. Hoping it will grow ok as the original plant is not in a suitable position.

Former-Member
Not applicable

86435912_3344722975543539_2925201585631920128_n.jpg

8b4d54ac228569e9cd12c74cbfb1f229.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance