Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

Baby Succulents sounds good @Shaz51

I had some baby Ogre Ears, at one stage - Euphorbia I think (type of succulent).

Adge

My back neighbour now has lots of healthy Potato plants growing (in her garden).

From the 6 or so sprouted potatoes, that I gave her.

I cannot take credit for growing them - they got "Re-homed" & did not have to go in the bin.

That's a good thing...

Adge

@Former-Member, turned out that bunny was doing a dry run. Ah well. Might try again when the weather cools down somewhat. Baby buns when there's a possibility of fires... no thanks.

@Adge, @Shaz51, I've got quite a selection of cacti and succulents rescued from Mum and Dad's place. Some lovely small aloes that were Dad's (pot sized, and that's as big as they go) and a lot of Mum's Haworthias, Crassulas, Senecios and others. Only a few cactii... my sister is more fond of the prickly ones than I am.

Euphorbia's one species I prefer to stay away from. The sap can burn your skin, and eyes if you forget and rub them. A friend had an emergency run to a hospital with her eyes running with pain after clearing some euphorbias from a garden. Could have caused permanent damage, thankfully didn't.

Planted one more late tom just now. 🙂

I've got quite a selection of cacti and succulents --- wonderful @Smc 

I love to get more xoxo

This is the Ogre Ears (like Shrek) plant.

It's Crassula Argentea - It's actually a Type of Jade Plant (Succulent).Medium Succulent Plant Ogre Ears image 0

Maybe not a Euphorbia at all (may have got that one wrong).

Yeah, not a Euphorbia @Adge. Crassulas are safe enough. 🙂

This one is Definitely a Euphorbia - it's the Crown of Thorns.

Used to be very popular in Australian cities, decades ago.

I have not seen it in gardens in many years....Grow Crown of Thorns from Cuttings (Euphorbia Milii) - YouTube

Yep, Mum had that one @Adge. I don't think I've seen it up at their place, so I suspect it died out. It is pretty but....

Gardening It's Cheaper Than Therapy Wood Sign Home Decor

Nice to get some summer rain this weekend.🌧

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance