Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

thanks @Appleblossom , the owners have known mum for years and have known me since i was little 

so mum said that we could make another 100 pots from the babies they have given us  Smiley Very Happy

@Former-Member Thank you re hyacinth pic and info - guess I will be planting more next year so they can become friends - they look good together ! 

120011619_10158558388844380_9060527517254723678_n.jpg

@Sophie1  the little grape hyacinths will multiply readily, the bigger ones not so much which may or may not need lifting +/- planting new ones 

images - 2020-09-21T075415.800.jpeg

images - 2020-09-21T075131.093.jpeg

Seeds coming up- In addition to the baby Cape Gooseberries and Tomatillos that I've been carefully nursing for the past couple of weeks, there's now some tomato and pea seedlings up 🙂 Mostly from out-of-date seeds, due to things being too overwhelming to start much from seeds over the past few years, but hey, they still grow, yay!

Fabbo @Smc  hoping this will result in a bumper crop for you.

bonsai_starter_plant_small_84c0d78d-7de5-4bdf-9605-9a95ece91808_grande.jpg

@Former-Member, I'd love enough tomatoes to make sauce and to bottle some. To bottle as many as possible. 🙂 It's been years since I've managed more than a smattering. Would be nice to have home grown instead of canned toms over winter. Tomatoes are so easy to do- you just cram them in, squishing them a little bit so the juices leak out, and top up with a tiny bit of water before sterilising.

IMG_6567.JPG

@Smcimages - 2020-09-21T075534.244.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance