Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

mr f&h and I have parted company @Tiggeroo .... was always gonna happen without a diagnosis and treatment around it .... so i

he is truckin’ off in a new direction, and with a new love interest .....

So good to see you and hear your news ❣️

So lovely to hear from you Tigz and that things are going OK. One always hopes no news is good news. Certainly sounds like it has all been happening  @Tiggeroo. Have you still got the Germs?  Did B. Bear need a change of meds (from memory things were a bit up and down). Were you seeing BB you could get some incapacity insurance? Hope the Bear remains stable round birthday and Christmas, moves can be tricky too. Trust you are settling into new work & home OK.

We have moved too, interstate to be closer to family (but not too close) 😀.

Hi @Former-Member 

thinking of you with Mr D today - hope you are both doing ok 

OK here @Sophie1 thanks,  have two lots of visitors arriving today (not staying with us). Working from home till lunch. Mr Darcy has picked up a few groceries this morning and is now running the vacuum around.

Hope your day is going OK.

Continuing to think of @Former-Member with the fire situation.

Thanks @Former-Member 

The fire situation here changes several times a day it seems. The worst three fires surrounding us have moved from 'watch and act' to 'emergency' back to watch and act, then to just 'Alert' level. But none of these fires are under control yet, so can change rapidly. Our nearest two fires were both upgraded again this arvo to 'watch and act'. So once again I am remaining watchful and prepared to act if necessary. We live out of town, 5kms from nearest small village, or 11kms from small regional town. But we are not in the middle of a forrest, like many others are. So evacuation is not so crucial for us.

The smoke here all day is the worst its been all week I think. I had a medical apt in town this arvo and everyone is using car lights. Just cant see more than 50 metres ahead. And the air is just so thick with smoke, its hard to suck it in sometimes.

But we are safe. And thankfully no further casualties, just the two from near here. At least the abundant news crews and hovering politicians are not as thick on the ground now as what they were on the weekend and early this week.

Things will hopefully start to get back to normal again soon. Though with so many State forrests and National parks in this region, I think they will burn for weeks or months. Need a big dump of rain.  I'm going to miss all the fire fighting aircraft and water bucket carrying helicopters from constantly hovering overhead. I guess they are around for a while yet though. Our RFS volunteers do SUCH a wonderful job in protecting us all. So very grateful to them all.

And thank you too @Former-Member  for thinking of me.

Sherry 🌺

soo glad you are ok @Former-Member HeartHeart

@LizzieLou

@Determined @Sophie1 @Raine @PeppiPatty @Maryjune  

@Roslyncicely  @Lisek @Shelley  @Lost1  @Sasha_86  , @Tiggeroo , @Carlachris @bearNecessities   @pMac  @Karro 

@Former-Member, @Faith-and-Hope 

keep on keeping on here @Former-Member 

Darcy (& Everyone),

Hi.

I'm just a newbie. Brand new. This is my very first post on this forum ever.

I just wanted to say that I think it's a great thread. I think it's plainly, clearly, definitely "challenging" (as Darcy said) to choose to love and live with our partners who are suffering with MI. Yes! And yet, that is what we are choosing to do. The only contribution I'll make here is the simple one: I thought I made my choice. In actual fact what I've discovered is that I've got to go on and on and make that choice (to stick by my wife) over and over.

Hi there @DownButNotOut  ... a big welcome from me to the Sane forums, and this thread in particular.  You say "I'm just a newbie".  Not JUST a newbie @DownButNotOut  .... you are one of us and its great that you have come here.

You are so right ... its certainly a challenge to stay with our partners with a MI.  And also a choice we continue to need to make, almost on a daily basis.  Your wife is a very lucky lady to have you by her side.  But always remember that its not just all about her ... your needs need to be taken into account also.  None of us have an un-ending supply of empathy, patience and understanding ... despite the love we may feel for our partners.  There are times we also need to nourish ourselves and enable ourselves to replenish our stocks, so to speak.

Its lovely that you chose this thread for your first post.  Please know that you are welcome to browse and/or contribute to any existing threads.  Your input will always be appreciated.  Or if you would like to open a thread of your own, then that will enable other members to better support you and offer advice more specific to your personal situation.  Either is fine.  Also if you would like to 'tag' a specific person ... such as Darcy for example ... if you type in an @ symbol, it will bring up a drop down box of members names ... just select the one (or more) you wish to respond to.  If the member you wish to tag does not come up, just type the letters of member profile name until the names comes up, and then select it. For example @DownButNotOut  and to tag me @Former-Member  and Darcy @Former-Member 

I hope to see you around .......

Sherry 

Image result for welcome

Hello @DownButNotOut  👋

How is life treating you and yours at present?

Feel free to ask any questions or sing out if some gentle encouragement is needed we are here to help and support you. 😀

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance