Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

You'll get there @Former-Member unpacking a bit at a time.

Going slowly here , just an occasional item goes out the door without any incoming ... feeling like I have a good system in place in relation to managing clutter ... it feels good 🤓

Next step is to work on outstanding projects (like finishing framing some photos and putting them up) as well as getting suitable storage which will gradually happen as we renovate. 

Now I need to find a cleaning schedule that works... 

@Former-Member, a lot of what gets done at my Mum and Dad's house feels like nibbling around the edges. It's a big job and we can't get there very often.  Smiley Frustrated
So we try to be Dorys and "just keep swimming, just keep swimming...". Clearing a countertop was a little job out of a huge task, but it was a job done.

b3ee33d75929c8230a3e34942ae75a78.jpg

A couple of friends came around today and kindly finished our rainwater tank overflow water diversion today, a job Mr Darcy & I were having difficulties with.  Feeling blessed.

@Former-Member  friends are such a blessing 😊I'm so pleased you had some practical help today 

tomorrow we are tackling the kitchen clutter monster 😼

hopefully lots of boxes for op shop come out of this one 🤞and maybe an organised plastics cupboard 🙀🙀

Checking in to see how everyone is getting along

@Sophie1  @Smc  @Adge  @Determined  @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope

How is the unpacking going @Former-Member 

Really pleased today, whilst in our regional centre we stopped at a tile place and found some really nice tiles on their bargain table (up to 60% off) which we have purchased in readiness for our renovation.

Woo-hoo @Former-Member 🎉

Yay for bargains, @Former-Member! Smiley Very Happy

Not really any in-the-house decluttering happening at the moment, but that's because I'm concentrating on the out-in-the-yard jobs. Which are a mixture of decluttering and gardening.

It's so nice seeing bits and pieces of the yard coming into order. I'd love to see the same happen inside, but I think part of what makes inside harder is that the individual items are so much smaller and more numerous. If you make a neat stacked garden edge out of 100 or so bricks, it's made a big difference, both to the original storage site and the neatness of the garden. A "higgledy piggledy" stack of timber moved to a spot where it can be an "orderly and out of the way" stack of timber really frees up space.

A boxful of paperwork takes much longer to sort through, and doesn't free up anywhere near as much space.... But it is considerably lighter than either bricks or timber. 😛

@Smc Outdoors counts as much as indoors, getting things done is aim. Visible progress = yay. 

Yup. Today I've been relocating some "building materials" a.k.a. bottles to make bottle walls out of, and started relocating flower pots. Found out that ants had made a multi level housing development out of one stack. Smiley Surprised

I've seen some nice looking examples of bottle walls, and also some seriously ugly ones.... am hoping I can achieve the former type.

B3.jpg7b5c7c8320463b771aa309b907388341.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance