Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Caring for Someone Living with Dementia

@amber22 

Self talk that I am doing the best for my mum and myself and my husband 

Having a few tears when I leave the hospital and when I get home xxx 

Did not cry this afternoon but had a beer and a hug from Mr shaz 

Aw I am so glad that your husband is so supportive of you and is there for you during these tough times. It definitely makes a big difference when you have a support system you can come home to. 

It is completely okay to cry and it even makes me feel a lot better to have a big bawl and then a few deep breaths. I hope you're okay @Shaz51 I am here for you during this ❤️

Self talk is so important and you're doing the exact right thing by telling yourself just how great you are doing for your family, you should be so proud of yourself.

My father inlaw had to be put in a home but he passed away 6 months later and that is now 6  years ago xx @amber22 

I am so sorry to hear that @Shaz51, that must have been really challenging for you. I hope that you are surrounding yourself with a good support system, and remember that you always have all of us here on the forums for you too ❤️

Hello @amber22 , @TideisTurning , @BlueBay , @Mistifin , @outlander , @hanami , @tyme 

how are you all going 

as you know my mum is permently in hospital now , she has ok days and bad days now , her dementia is slowly deteriorating and lots of her organs are not working as they should any more 

last week she even refused to take for meds which lasted 7 days , but she is on them again

sending love to you @Shaz51 dementia is such a tough one
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance